Who We Are and What We Do
Based in San Diego, Poseida Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company utilizing proprietary gene engineering platform technologies to create next generation cell and gene therapies with the capacity to cure. We are developing a broad portfolio of cell and gene product candidates in a variety of indications based on our core proprietary platforms, including our non-viral piggyBac® DNA Modification System, Cas-CLOVER™ site-specific gene editing system and nanoparticle- and AAV-based gene delivery technologies.
We are continually innovating and growing as we advance our clinical trial programs with what we believe to be transformational science. We are passionate about making an impact on the development of patient solutions with our CAR-T therapies in various cancers and gene therapies for rare diseases. Our wholly-owned portfolio of product candidates is specifically designed to overcome the limitations of current generation cell and gene therapeutics, including:
· P-BCMA-101, is an autologous CAR-T targeting BCMA that we are currently evaluating in an expanded Phase 1 clinical trial for the treatment of patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma.
· Our lead “off-the-shelf” product candidate, P-BCMA-ALLO1 is an allogeneic CAR-T for patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma. We expect to file an investigational new drug (IND) application and initiation of a Phase 1 clinical trial in the first half of 2021.
· We have initiated a Phase 1 clinical trial and are currently dosing patients for our second autologous product candidate targeting PSMA, P-PSMA-101, for the treatment of patients with metastatic-castrate resistant prostate cancer.
· P-MUC1C-ALLO1 for multiple solid tumors is currently in pre-clinical development with an anticipated IND filing expected in late 2021
· P-PSMA-ALLO1 is our allogeneic product candidate for metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, currently in development with an anticipated IND filing and initiation of a Phase 1 clinical trial in late 2022.
· Designed to include two or more fully functional CAR molecules into a T cell, we also have preclinical studies ongoing with DUAL CAR (CD19/CD20) in B cell malignancies and DUAL CAR (BCMA/CD19) in multiple myeloma where we anticipate filing INDs and initiating Phase 1 clinical trials in late 2021 and 2022. We also expect to initiate a trial in an undisclosed target in solid tumors in the future.
Gene Therapy Programs
· We are currently developing P-OTC-101, a liver-directed gene utilizing our proprietary piggyBac® DNA Modification System in combination with AAV/nanoparticle technology. P-OTC-101 is development for the in vivo treatment of Ornithine Transcarbamylase deficiency, a rare disease of the liver
· P-MMUT-101 is our second gene therapy product candidate for rare liver disease, targeting Methylmalonic Acidemia,