Actio Biosciences, Inc.
Actio Biosciences has an opening for a motivated and energetic full-time hands-on biologist to support the discovery and development of small molecules for the treatment of rare diseases. The successful applicant will have a strong biology background and direct experience in assay development, generating differentiating SAR data and supporting multiple drug development programs. S/he will also be highly focused on the evaluation and validation of novel targets. This individual will participate in a broad range of programs and activities in a dynamic new company and must enjoy, and flourish, in a fast-paced collaborative team environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Contribute to a work environment that fosters support, collaboration, professionalism, mutual respect, and focus on unmet patient needs.
· Perform complex in vitro studies relating to understanding the activity of proteins responsible for rare diseases.
· Design, plan, execute and analyze in vitro pharmacology assays, mechanism of action, and kinetic studies for multiple programs.
· Work closely with the Biology, Bioinformatics, and Chemistry Teams in the new target evaluation process, through completion of target validation studies, including pharmacological and genetic inhibition of targets of interest.
· Develop tools for compound profiling and assessing new targets and programs.
· Identify pathway biomarkers and endpoints from patient samples and in vivo samples from preclinical disease models.
· Communicate data to multidisciplinary teams orally and through written documentation.
· Prepare technical reports.
· Other duties as assigned.
· BS 8+ yrs/ MS 6+ yrs/ PhD no post-doc in pharmacology, biochemistry, or a related life sciences field.
· Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry experience essential.
· Strong hands-on laboratory and organizational experience.
· Experience using Western blot, qPCR, ELISA, MSD, immunoprecipitation, luminescence assays, phenotypic assays, and flow cytometry.
· Experience with complex cell culture including, primary cell lines, neurons, transformed cell lines and ex-vivo explants; Familiarity with stable cell line and reporter line generation.
· Computer Skills: Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and GraphPad Prism.
· Outstanding aptitude for experimental design, troubleshooting and execution
· Self-motivated and detail-oriented person
Actio Biosciences is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
The above is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of, this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.