Altos Labs is a new biotechnology company focused on cellular rejuvenation programming to restore cell health and resilience, with the goal of reversing disease to transform medicine.
For more information, see our website at altoslabs.com.
What We Want You to Know
We want our employees to bring their whole selves to work and be recognized for the talents, perspectives, and unique life and career experiences they bring. We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to spur innovation.
What You Will Contribute To Altos
This role will work within the Biovault Hub at Altos Labs and will report to the Hub Director. The Vault will serve as an integration node amongst labs across Altos. The Bio-Hub team will ensure the safe keeping of precious reagents while scientifically engaging with the PIs at Altos Labs to suggest, further develop, bank, and grant access to validated, standardized, biological reagents. In so doing, the Bio-Vault will increment the reproducibility of results and accelerate discovery.
- Assists Hub Director in the development and implementation of procedures/processes/protocols for biological material processing, collection, storage, engineering, and curation. Interfaces such responsibilities with granting appropriate access to resources for research purposes.
- Assists Hub Director in the development of the infrastructure and logistics required for the processing, collection, storage, engineering, curation retrieval, and sharing of biological materials and coordinates inter-institute material transfer between the Altos Labs Institutes of Science in the Bay Area, San Diego and Cambridge.
- Supports Hub operations, including maintenance and upkeep of equipment, management of waste streams, inventory and stocking of critical reagents, supplies, and materials, and following cell modeling and cell engineering standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for biological material banking including maintenance of cell, plasmid, and microorganism collection.
- Performs cell culture functions.
- Performs quality control testing and characterization assays on cell lines and critical reagents.
- Assists with the design and implementation of cell modeling and cell engineering projects, initiatives, and services.
- Assists with the management of cell lines and materials/reagent inventories, including updating and maintaining hard copy and digital records, entering new materials in inventory and databasing tools, and fulfilling distribution requests.
- Maintains accurate and complete electronic notebook records.
- Records analysis, and presents results and data.
- Assists with problem-solving and assay development to improve operational workflows.
- Effectively communicates using digital platforms and through in-person interactions.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Experience with cell culture and cell engineering.
- Knowledgeable in cell and molecular biology, and cell line generation.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to focus on details to produce exceptionally accurate procedures and searchable records.