Altos Labs is a new biotechnology company focused on cellular rejuvenation programming to restore cell health and resilience, with the goal of reversing disease to transform medicine.
For more information, see our website at altoslabs.com.
What We Want You to Know
We want our employees to bring their whole selves to work and be recognized for the talents, perspectives, and unique life and career experiences they bring. We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to spur innovation.
What You Will Contribute To Altos
An exciting opportunity is available for a Research Associate to join the Izpisua Belmonte Lab in the Altos Labs San Diego Institute of Science. Specifically, we are looking for an individual to assist our scientists in basic molecular biology techniques as well as assist in developing/maintaining cell culture. There is the possibility of working with various rodent models. The individual must be detail oriented, have strong communication skills, and be willing to work in a dynamic, fast-growing environment.
- Support research activities of the investigator lab with the supervision of a scientist, including data collection and analysis, and management of laboratory collections (physical and databases).
- Set up and operate laboratory equipment, prepare materials, perform experimental procedures, record and consolidate research data, and execute planned research activities using observation, measurement, and analytical techniques.
- Communicate with team members effectively.
- Thoroughly document processes and results.
- Assist with routine lab tasks.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree plus at least two years of wet lab experience in a molecular and cell biology lab (industry or academia).
- Experience with the following techniques and interest in learning new techniques:Basic molecular biology techniques (e.g. DNA isolation, PCR, gel electrophoresis, etc.).
- Mammalian cell culture techniques.
- Excellent record keeping skills in a lab setting (familiarity with ELNs preferred).
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing, to establish, and maintain effective working relationships with all employee levels.
- Proven ability to work both independently and also as part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to perform highly complex experiments and techniques with high levels of reliability and accuracy within time constraints.
- Experience handling and working with rodent models.
- Willing to learn new techniques.