To restore cell health and resilience through cellular rejuvenation programming to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that can occur throughout life.
For more information, see our website at altoslabs.com.
Diversity at Altos
We believe that diverse perspectives are foundational to scientific innovation and inquiry.
We are building a company where exceptional scientists and industry leaders from around the world work side by side to advance a shared mission.
Our intentional focus is on Belonging, so that all employees know that they are valued for their unique perspectives.
At Altos, we are all accountable for sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
What You Will Contribute to Altos
This new role is accountable for the management of the US In Vivo Resources Program and facilities in the Bay Area and San Diego, including the ongoing development and daily operations of Altos Labs vivaria, laboratory animal management, veterinary care and research services. The incumbent serves as the Attending Veterinarian (AV) to provide overall leadership and management of in vivo research programs and teams.
– Developing and implementing solutions, practices, tools, and processes to improve the in vivo resources program across research, drug discovery, and clinical development to increase efficiency, in vivo health, regulatory compliance, and in vivo research quality.
– Partnering with scientists and researchers in the design and implementation of in vivo experiments.
– Ensuring compliance with all federal, state and institutional regulations, policies and guidelines, and advise the Institutional Officer and executive leadership on all matters related to research involving laboratory animals at Altos.
– Participating in Institute committees as appointed, including IACUC, Space Planning and HR advisory committees.
– Interacting extensively with all institute researchers on the selection, acquisition, and use of research animals, and overseeing training of scientists on the appropriate use of animals in research.
– Providing oversight to researchers on the development and successful implementation of IACUC protocols.
– Leveraging personal training and industry expertise, as well as the knowledge and skills of others on the team, to support the Altos mission.
– Preparing operational summaries to include resource management, forecasting, and capital equipment needs.
Who You Are
The level of the position will depend on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
– Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) from an AVMA-accredited program.
– Veterinary Licensure in at least one state with the ability to obtain licensure in the State of California, a DEA practitioner’s license and USDA accreditation within 6 months of employment.
– Board certification by the American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine (ACLAM).
– 8+ years of relevant experience in a government, industry, or academic setting.
– Thorough understanding of all policies and regulations governing animal-based research in the United States.
– Experience in the applications of animal models to drug discovery including non-clinical animal studies, and generation and submission of IND applications.
– Strong experience managing in vivo facilities in an industry setting.
– Experience with AAALAC accreditation process.
– Demonstrated experience in helping researchers develop and implement IACUC protocols to high standards.
– Experience building and scaling in vivo resources in a start-up environment.
– Experience in a people leadership role with strong skills in hiring, coaching, and developing team members.
– Familiarity with the execution of complex projects as part of multi-functional teams and with different science operation partners.
– Some familiarity with policies and regulations governing animal-based research in the United Kingdom.
The target salary for the Director level is: $234,600 – $317,400.
The target salary for the Senior Director level is: $280,500 – $379,500.
What We Want You To Know
We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to inspire innovation.
Altos Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of scientific freedom, learning, and belonging.
Note: Altos Labs will not ask you to download a messaging app for an interview or outlay your own money to get started as an employee. If this sounds like your interaction with people claiming to be with Altos, it is not legitimate and has nothing to do with Altos. Learn more about a common job scam at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-spot-avoid-online-job-scams-biron-clark/