Our friends at OmniAb have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Director, Investor Relations!
OmniAb is looking for an Associate Director, Investor Relations to join our growing and dynamic team. This individual will be responsible for ensuring OmniAb is appropriately positioned with sell-side analysts, investors, and media, and effectively communicating our messaging to investors and other relevant/key stakeholders.
This role will support the CEO and CFO in developing the overall Investor Relations and Corporate Communications strategy and will be responsible for its execution. You will be an integral part of the team, overseeing the planning, development, and implementation of a variety of investor relations programs and activities and collaborating with other outward-facing teams within the organization.
Working in Ligand’s OmniAb Group:
The OmniAb group consists of dynamic and innovative scientists that employ a variety of novel platforms to support our partners in discovering the best antibodies possible for their therapeutic applications. At the core of OmniAb is the ability to engineer animals to generate affinity matured human sequence antibodies for use in conventional and novel therapeutic formats. We leverage our proprietary animals with state-of-the-art technology in antigen design, immunization methods and high-throughput single B cell screening to facilitate discovery of best-in-class antibodies. We are looking for accomplished team players who are enthusiastic to contribute to the technological frontier of antibody discovery, contribute to improving human health, and passionate in their desire to collaborate with partners to develop next generation therapeutics. See OmniAb.com for more details about the exciting science being performed at OmniAb.
Ligand is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing or acquiring technologies that help pharmaceutical companies discover and develop medicines. We have contributed novel research and technologies for approved medicines that treat cancer, osteoporosis, fungal infections and postpartum depression, among others. Ligand’s previously announced spin-off of OmniAb, Inc. and merger (Business Combination) with Avista Public Acquisition Corp. II, a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2022.
- Collaborate with the CFO, Leadership Team, Scientific Leaders, and Finance team to develop and execute the IR and Corporate Communications program to enhance the perception, awareness and visibility of OmniAb within the investment and biotechnology/pharmaceutical communities
- Create investment messaging integrated with the consistent strategic goals of the Company
- Serve as a contact and resource for fielding investor and analyst calls and requests for information in compliance with company policies and securities regulations
- Monitor partner program announcements to keep disclosures up-to-date
- Prepare investor presentations, press releases, conference call scripts, earnings slides, and Q&A documents related to corporate and product milestones
- Write and/or review business and product/technology sections of quarterly financial filings, annual reports, proxies and other SEC filings
Issue press releases over business wires in an accurate and timely manner
- Coordinate the update of content on the corporate and IR website and ensure accurate and up-to-date materials are continually posted and refreshed
Review and collaborate on content relating to LinkedIn site and administrate LinkedIn and Twitter feeds
- Track investor conference calendar and organize, plan, attend (as needed) conferences, non-deal roadshows, other speaking engagements and investor meetings
- Maintain tracking system of all investor and sell-side analyst meetings and interactions
- Oversee routine analysis of shareholder base and create investor targeting strategy
- Maintain analyst models to track performance and quality of messaging
- Manage third-party vendors and resources, as needed
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Communications, Business Administration or pharmaceutical or technology-related field
- 10+ years of experience in Investor Relations and/or Corporate Communications
- Prior experience in Investor Relations working with a publicly-traded bio-pharmaceutical, healthcare or medical technology company
- Clear understanding of the requirements of Reg FD and the regulatory framework under Securities law
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and social media skills, with the ability to generate clear, accurate, and compelling investor materials, and deliver our messages in an engaging manner
- Experience interacting with stakeholders inside and outside the company
- Confidence in communicating with sophisticated investors, Company executives, the scientific community and the media
- Highly motivated individual who can successfully work independently in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational, planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality
- Travel up to 25%, depending on primary location
The company offers competitive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance, as well as 401(k) Match, Stock Options, Bonus, and Paid Leave Time.
- All new hires are required to go through background and reference checks
- OmniAb is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets employer
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- OmniAb celebrates the diversity of life and welcomes all individuals to apply
- New hires based in the US will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption or accommodation to this vaccination requirement
OmniAb, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.