Our friends at Nitrase Therapeutics have an exciting opening for a Research Associate II – Cancer Biology!
We are a preclinical stage platform company developing disease modifying therapeutics against a novel class of enzymes to treat age-related disorders: neurological, oncological, fibrotic and inflammatory diseases.
We are seeking inquisitive individuals who can thrive in a collaborative and dynamic culture and are steadfast in the commitment to advance cutting-edge science to make transformative medicines for patients with unmet medical needs.
As part of Nitrase Therapeutics’ growth and path towards the clinic, we are seeking to recruit a Research Associate with experience in conducting cell culture and running cellular assays. The successful candidate will use their cell culture experience to learn our cell models including running compound screening assay(s) and determining compound and genetic knockout effects on cancer cell growth.
This position requires enthusiasm and a strong work ethic, the ability to learn new biology and methods quickly. The successful candidate will work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment and utilize their knowledge of drug discovery and development assays to advance programs.
- Run our established cell culture models
- Test compounds in these models
- Conduct, at your supervisor’s instructions, in vitro proof-of-concept studies required to support Nitrase Tx’s understanding of Nitrase target(s) in oncology
- Collect and analyze experimental data
- Maintain clear and complete experimental records with an electronic lab notebook
- B.S./B.A. in biological sciences with 1or more years’ industry experience
- Careful bench skills (pipetting, making solutions, writing and following protocols)
- Creative problem-solver
Desire to acquire knowledge and skills in a new area of biology
- Experience with ELISAs, Western Blots, and automation is a plus
Nitrase Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer.