Our friends at Genascence have an exciting opening for a seasoned Executive Assistant / Office Manager in Palo Alto!
Genascence Corporation is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing life-changing gene therapy products for prevalent musculoskeletal diseases.
Osteoarthritis (OA) is the most common form of arthritis, affecting millions of people worldwide. GNSC-001 is a gene therapy vector (AAV) carrying a coding sequence for interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1Ra), a potent inhibitor of interleukin-1 (IL-1) signaling. IL-1 is considered one of the key mediators involved in the pathogenesis of OA, causing inflammation as well as cartilage destruction. GNSC-001 is designed to offer long-term, sustained inhibition of IL-1 following a single injection into the affected joint.
Why Work with Us:
We are a growing enthusiastic team that recognizes each employee as a vital member of the team. Integrity and respect are fundamental to our working relationships.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate for the role of Executive Assistant / Office Manager. This position is responsible for providing primary support to the CEO, as well as other team members as needed.
The ideal candidate will have recent and extensive experience providing efficient administrative support to senior executives in a fast-paced organization. This position requires a positive, self-directed work style to complete tasks with minimal supervision, effective customer service skills, the ability to leverage technology and tools to solve problems, the initiative to think and act independently and anticipate requirements, and the judgment and dexterity to react and shift priorities quickly while remaining calm and efficient with a professional image.
- Maintain calendars, ensuring they remain updated and accurate; identify and resolve potential conflicts
- Provide phone and email support, and prompt follow-up to meeting requests and correspondence
- Set up and support in-person meetings and teleconferences across multiple time zones’ ensure participant scheduling communication
- Respond quickly and effectively to last minute changes to meetings and logistics
- Maintain confidential files and contact information
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and communications with internal and external stakeholders, including Board of Directors and Investor meetings, with the ability to work/re-work complicated calendar scheduling
- Arrange air travel, hotel accommodations, meals/restaurants, and other transportation needs for domestic and international travel
- Prepare and process expense reports promptly using Concur, process other payments (POs, invoices, etc.), and work with Finance to enter POs and invoices into QuickBooks
- Prepare, organize, modify and publish presentations, handouts and other communications using PowerPoint
- Serve as the point person for building maintenance, badges, mailing, purchasing, supplies, and ordering equipment
- Order and maintain an inventory of office supplies
- Partner with IT and HR for onboarding activities and ongoing employee support of office equipment and supplies
- Schedule, plan, organize and run company events: company meetings, off-site meetings, team events, holiday parties, and other celebrations
- Procure in-office snacks/meals as needed
- Provide general support to visitors and guests
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of administrative experience supporting a senior executive in a fast-paced environment with little supervision
- Prior experience at a rapidly growing Biotech or Life Sciences company
- Presence in the office Monday through Friday, with the willingness to respond after-hours and on weekends as needed
- Proficient in Google Suite/Calendar, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, DocuSign, and web-conferencing programs (Teams, Zoom, etc.)
- Discretion, combined with poise and professionalism, in all communications
- Ability to exercise good judgment regarding information that may be confidential or sensitive
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work with strong attention to detail
- Excellent planning, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Good judgment in setting priorities and interacting with internal and external senior-level contacts
- Professional appearance with effective in-person, phone, and email presence
- Positive, upbeat personality and team player with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Extremely proactive with the ability to organize and prioritize across competing priorities to ensure deliverables are met on-time and accurately
- Proven success building and maintaining relationships of trust, respect, and support
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high degree of professionalism
- Self-directed and able to work to achieve objectives with little oversight
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more about working at Genascence at https://genascence.com.