Angiocrine Bioscience, Inc.
A private, clinical stage cell and gene therapy company
The Laboratory Research Associate will be a member of the Research & Development team focused on developing our proprietary E-CEL technology for new therapeutic indications.
Position Role & Responsibilities:
- Conduct pre-clinical cell-based experiments
- Works independently on assigned projects.
- Provide support in experimental design and establishing methods and standard operating procedures.
- Analyze data and present research findings to the group.
- Interact and collaborate with other members of the R&D team.
- Participate in routine lab operations (lab maintenance, safety inspections, etc.), equipment maintenance, restocking and/or other duties.
- Education: Bachelors or Masters degree in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, or related field; 3 or more years relevant lab experience in academia or equivalent industry experience preferred.
- Candidates with hands-on experience working with cell culture, basic molecular biology laboratory skills (including qPCR) and immunologic tools such as immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, flow cytometry, and/or ELISAs, strongly preferred
- Candidate must:
- Have ability to execute experiments with minimal technical supervision within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Have ability to learn and carry out new experimental procedures with accuracy and efficiency.
- Be able to meet deadlines.
- Have records maintenance skills.
- Have skills to perform data analysis and troubleshooting.
- Be able to work collaboratively with other cross-functional Angiocrine team members.
Additional Desired Skills and Knowledge
- While not a requirement, applicants with a strong background in microvascular biology and/or tissue regeneration are preferred.
- Experience with isolation of primary endothelial cells.
- Effective and clear written and verbal communication.
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment where evolutionary changes are a constant and where proactive ‘can do’ attitude, sense of urgency and friendly personalities are prized.
Non-standard Work Schedule and work environment Requirements
- Occasional weekday evenings and/or weekend days
Angiocrine is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.