About this Position:
The Accounting Manager will be hands-on and responsible for managing the day-to-day accounting functions of the Marina del Rey, CA (“MDR”) corporate headquarters location. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger review and preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Manager is responsible for ensuring that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. Additionally, the Accounting Manager is responsible for the supervision and development of MDR accounting staff.
Job description and technical requirements:
- Establishes and/or applies policies and procedures to ensure that accounting transactions are in compliance with company policies and are recorded in the financial records in accordance with GAAP.
- Manage and coordinate the monthly/quarterly/annual close process including the review and/or preparation of journal entries and reconciliations.
- Ensure adherence to internal control systems to prevent inaccuracies in financial statements.
- Supervises, directs and reviews the work of accounting staff including but not limited to cash management, accounts payable, purchasing, and general ledger reconciliations/journal entries).
- Requires a strong knowledge of accounting technical matters and the Company’s technical policies and procedures.
- May assist with preparation and processing of payroll with the assistance of third-party service provider.
- Assist Controller with the facilitation and management of external financial statement and Sarbanes-Oxley audits.
- Work collaboratively with department leaders to accurately monitor and report on research & development spend, accruals, budgets and forecasts.
- Assist Controller with the management of general administrative functions for their location, which may include matters related to HR, IT and facilities.
- Make and implement recommendations to improve accounting processes and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS in accounting with a minimum of 5 years’ experience. Experience with public company audits and public accounting a plus. Business, accounting, or related field; CPA preferred, but not required.
- Experience preparing reconciliations and supporting schedules.
- Experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry, including specific experience with clinical research/drug development process is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls.
- Experience entering transactions, journal entries and extracting information from various ERP systems, strong Intacct experience preferred.
- Computer skills: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Effective time management skills. Ability to handle competing priorities and ad hoc requests and meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information to various levels within an organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality over all HR and finance/accounting matters and information.
- Hands-on, can-do, positive attitude. Ready and willing to work closely with senior management in the development of the business and supporting systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with multiple, cross-functional areas in a collaborative, team environment. Even tempered, patient, with a service orientation.
Physical Demands and Requirements:
- Able for full-time work in an office environment
- Able to use standard computer, telephone and related equipment for communication, correspondence, and recordkeeping
- Able to occasionally provide on-call availability and responsiveness during non-business hours
- Able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
About Armata Pharmaceuticals, Inc.:
Armata is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on the development of precisely targeted bacteriophage therapeutics for the treatment of antibiotic-resistant and difficult-to-treat bacterial infections using its proprietary bacteriophage-based technology. Armata is developing and advancing a broad pipeline of natural and synthetic phage candidates, including clinical candidates for Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus aureus, and other pathogens. In addition, in collaboration with Merck, known as MSD outside of the United States and Canada, Armata is developing proprietary synthetic phage candidates to target an undisclosed infectious disease agent. Armata is committed to advancing phage with drug development expertise that spans bench to clinic including in-house phage specific GMP manufacturing.
Pay: $105,000.00 – $125,000.00 per hour
Send cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org