At Bionano Genomics®, we are committed to unlocking understanding of genome biology to advance the promise of genomics in areas including cancer and human disease, agricultural bioengineering and genome discovery. Our optical genome mapping and analysis tools help researchers see true genome structure to fill in what’s missing from sequencing-based data.
At Bionano, we are invested in the success of our customers and users around the world, and are dedicated to supporting them with the tools, resources and support they need to achieve their goals and make a real impact on improving quality of life for all.
The Paralegal and Contracts Administrator is responsible for the legal contract management process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business owners, outside counsel, and in-house counsel to draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of contracts including but not limited to: master service agreements, material transfer agreements, statements of work, confidentiality agreements, consulting agreements, research agreements, manufacturing and supply agreements, sales agreements, and other various agreements.
- Support the legal contract management process by tracking contract status, prioritizing contracts for review, and processing executed contracts in accordance with department procedures.
- Support implementation and administration of the company’s contract management system (CMS).
- Communicate and present information to stakeholders about all contract-related matters in a clear and concise manner.
- Track board and committee meeting minutes.
- Maintain a complete contract listing across Bionano and collaborate with Finance/Accounting quarterly.
- Support the review and updating of company contract templates.
- Assist in forming of new legal entities, maintaining minute books, resolutions, corporate records and completing state and local filings for all entities.
- Collaborate across departments (Accounting, Finance, HR, IT, etc.) in the development and maintenance of internal business processes and procedures.
- Monitor and advise stakeholders on contract status, amendments, expirations, etc.
- Use initiative and discretion in accomplishing routine assignments with minimal supervision.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Superior organizational skills and ability to follow through.
- Proactive, dynamic and result driven individual with strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, the ability to interface effectively with all business functions throughout the organization.
- Ability to manage internal customer priorities and needs.
- Understanding of data privacy requirements.
- Paralegal certificate, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Previous biotechnology industry experience preferred.
- Previous experience for a public company / assisting with SOX controls preferred.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years of proven work experience as a Contract Administrator, Paralegal or other relevant role, preferable at a life sciences company.
- BA/BS required or equivalent experience and education.
Bionano Genomics does not accept resumes submitted by agencies. The Human Resources team is the focal point for all recruitment and hiring at the company. Agencies are asked not to contact or forward resumes to our Executive team, Management team, or any current Bionano employee for consideration. Resumes are only accepted from agencies if a signed agreement is in place and therefore Bionano Genomics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Bionano Genomics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. Bionano is committed to the principles of equal opportunity employment for all employees and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Bionano are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Bionano will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants of all ages. Bionano participates in E-Verify.