At Bionano Genomics®, we are committed to unlocking understanding of genome biology to advance the promise of genomics in areas including cancer and human disease, agricultural bioengineering and genome discovery. Our optical genome mapping and analysis tools help researchers see true genome structure to fill in what’s missing from sequencing-based data.
At Bionano, we are invested in the success of our customers and users around the world, and are dedicated to supporting them with the tools, resources and support they need to achieve their goals and make a real impact on improving quality of life for all.
The Trade Show & Event Specialist is responsible for ensuring the successful planning and execution of regional trade shows in the US market.
The ability to manage multiple complex programs simultaneously and quickly adapt to changing priorities is critical. A can-do attitude, the ability to work with and lead cross-functional teams and the desire to drive operational efficiency are critical for success in the position. Experience sourcing and contracting venues, managing third parties, negotiating contracts, and driving attendee engagement is a must. The ideal candidate will have expertise managing corporate events and trade shows of all sizes, both in-person and virtually.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with marketing and sales counterparts to plan and execute all elements of virtual and in-person trade shows including creative assets, booth and sponsorship, speaker talks and workshops, ancillary and customer events.
- Create event registration sites and email communications.
- Manage relationships with vendor partners including production companies, creative agencies and hotels. Manage budgets, AV, housing, and transportation.
- Collect, manage, and report on Transfers of Value (TOV) for Health Care Providers and ensure compliance with all corporate and government policies.
- Maintain master calendar of trade shows.
- Experience using travel and expense tools such as Concur.
Skills & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5+ years of corporate trade show and event planning experience including budget management, sourcing, contract management, BEOs, registration, housing, ground transportation, and audio/visual planning.
- CMP Certification desired.
- Concur experience.
- Experience negotiating and contracting hotels and ancillary services.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a matrix or highly cross-functional environment.
- Experience in medical, pharma, or life science meetings is desired.
- Experience with TOV and compliance reporting highly desired.
Bionano Genomics does not accept resumes submitted by agencies. The Human Resources team is the focal point for all recruitment and hiring at the company. Agencies are asked not to contact or forward resumes to our Executive team, Management team, or any current Bionano employee for consideration. Resumes are only accepted from agencies if a signed agreement is in place and therefore Bionano Genomics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Bionano Genomics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. Bionano is committed to the principles of equal opportunity employment for all employees and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Bionano are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Bionano will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants of all ages. Bionano participates in E-Verify.