The Melov Laboratory at the Buck Institute for Research on Aging is seeking a Scientist to participate in innovative research aimed at understanding the role of aging at the single cell level in connection with multiple interventions in aging mice. The qualified applicant will focus on single cell transcriptomics & spatial transcriptomics in combination with detailed mouse phenotyping. You will be trained in state-of-the-art technologies, which will shape the future landscape of the biology of aging. You will also work as a team member in one of the largest projects on aging using model systems and cutting edge tech.
THE PROJECT INVOLVES TRAINING IN THE FOLLOWING RESEARCH FIELDS:
- Single cell transcriptomics
- Spatial Transcriptomics
- QC of single cell preps and tissue processing
- PhD/MSC in Biology, Chemistry, or other related fields
- Strong work ethic and team player
- Informatics background a plus
- Competitive ($75,000 – $90,000) salary commensurate with experience
- Exciting, collaborative work environment at the forefront of science using state-of-the-art techniques
- Generous benefits package including health insurance, paid parental leave, generous PTO and 401(k) with 5% employer match
- Work visa sponsorship available for qualified candidates currently in the U.S.