We are seeking a highly motivated in vivo Scientist. The successful candidate will have extensive in vivo experience, including the use of diverse phenotyping equipment. This individual must be well organized and able to plan and execute mouse studies in an independent manner. The work is being funded by an external partner. This project requires a full-time (40 hr/wk) commitment.
- Provide in vivo technical support that contributes to the timely completion and success of research projects.
- Must have hands-on experience with rodents (handling, various dosing techniques, tissue collection).
- Suggest experimental design and research strategy demonstrating technical proficiency, scientific creativity, and independent thought.
- Analyze and present results of work in group meetings.
- Communicate and collaborate with members of project teams in the execution of laboratory experimentation.
- Carefully and thoroughly document all procedures performed and results generated.
- Write and follow IACUC research protocols.
- Follow safety guidelines and procedures.
- PhD (preferred) or MS in Biology/related field with equivalent experience
- Strong background in use of animal models
- 3+ years’ experience working in a laboratory setting
- Working knowledge of animal husbandry procedures sufficient to care for lab animals in an experimental environment and perform in vivo studies
- Skilled at developing new techniques and methodologies as dictated by research need and introducing new technologies or methods to the team
- Stays current with the scientific literature and state-of-the-art techniques, as well as interprets literature results in light of new findings
- Independently problem solves and advances scientific projects toward common team goals
- Works well independently and is a team player
- Exciting, dynamic work environment at the forefront of science using state-of-the-art techniques
- Competitive $75,000 – $100,000 salary commensurate with experience
- Generous benefits package including health insurance, paid parental leave, generous PTO and 401(k) with 5% employer match
- Collaborative environment – both for science and social activities