- Exciting, dynamic work setting at the forefront of science
- Competitive $50,000 salary
- Benefits package including health insurance, paid parental leave, generous vacation/sick leave and 401(k) with 5% employer match
- Collaborative environment – both for science and social activities
We are seeking a highly motivated and energetic individual to join the Facilities team as a Custodian. The Custodian performs a wide variety of janitorial duties. The ideal candidate for this role is detail-oriented, flexible, organized, and a good problem solver with a focus on customer service. This position emphasizes safe work practices, sustained physical effort, trouble shooting, and time management.
- Service restrooms, refill paper towel dispensers, toilet paper, soap dispensers, clean restrooms, mop floors, clean toilets, urinals, and wipe sink surfaces.
- Pick up trash and litter around grounds and buildings.
- Gather and empty trash, including moving dumpsters for city trash pickup.
- Maintain recycling areas, trash rooms and dumpster areas neat, clean and litter free.
- Keep neat, clean and organized maintenance shop and storage areas.
- Keep all rooms free of dirt, debris and litter.
- Clean common area floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
- Service, clean, and supply common area restrooms.
- Use and store cleaning products per manufacturer’s instructions.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma/GED required
- 2+ years’ janitorial experience
- Reliable worker able to perform routine tasks without supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Takes direction well
- Physically capable of lifting and moving objects up to 30 lbs. as necessary
Please click APPLY to submit your Resume and a Cover Letter indicating why you would be a good candidate for this position.