full service pre-clinical and clinical contract research organ
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develops a strong understanding of our pre-clinical and clinical services.
· Establishes and executes on strategies for obtaining new customers and maintains/grows existing customer accounts in order to meet and exceed revenue goals.
· Demonstrates capability to present versatile solutions during customer negotiations in order to establish mutually beneficial outcomes.
· Works with management and independently to drive and create revenue opportunities.
· Helps to manage customer relationships post-sale, including a strategy to develop long term business relationships.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in the life sciences is preferred but not required.
· Strong understanding of biology, and preclinical drug discovery & development.
· 2+ years of experience in a life science laboratory, a sales role, or a related field with customer-facing experience.
· Experience with sales and a proven ability to develop and grow key accounts is preferred.
· Conducts sales presentations effectively, professionally and comfortably to customers & management.
· A knowledge of clinical CRO services is a plus.
· Strong desire to succeed and build long term customer relationships.
· Must be able to lift 15 pounds.
· Must have a car and be able to drive.
· Must be able to work on-site in South San Francisco at least 2 day-week.
· Up to 25% travel required.
SALARY, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
· This is a salaried & commission-based position. We offer health and dental benefits, PTO, 401K retirement plan, and profit sharing.
We are a small but diverse company, and foster a work environment where all our employees are afforded the freedom to pursue their work and life’s goals without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or veteran status.