Encodia is a rapidly growing platform company that is developing a new generation of protein analysis tools based on single-molecule protein sequencing. Our goal is to make protein sequencing easy and ubiquitous by using a novel reverse-translation technology that turns peptide sequences into DNA. The DNA can be read by a DNA sequencer, providing a path to breakthrough proteomics research at a scale that is not practical or cost-effective using current technologies.
We are seeking an experienced molecular biologist to develop novel, highly multiplexed assays. The ideal candidate will have a strong quantitative analytical skill set and deep expertise in designing, developing, optimizing and troubleshooting high-plex molecular assays and systems. Only highly motivated candidates with a passion for innovation are encouraged to apply.
- Participating in the development of a cutting-edge protein analysis platform.
- Working at the interface of nucleic acid and protein biochemistry including characterization of enzymatic and binding reactions to mature assay technology.
- Designing and developing production-level measurement systems and quality controls.
- Collaborating cross functionally to develop essential processes.
- Analyzing and interpreting data to troubleshoot and optimize assay performance.
- Ph.D. with 4+ years’ of experience in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical Biology or a related field.
- Experience in developing multiplexed assay systems, with expertise in digital single-molecule assays a plus.
- Expert knowledge and experience in using quantitative methods to dissect and optimize biomolecular assays, including measures of specificity, dynamic range, precision, and reproducibility.
- Expert knowledge of molecular biology enzymes and their use in assay processes.
- A strong technical foundation in analytical techniques for characterizing nucleic acids and proteins.
- Experience in use of high-throughput automation for assay optimization a plus.
- Knowledge of statistical process control tools (gage R&R, control charts, Six Sigma, DOE) and related software (JMP, Minitab) preferred.
- Excellent teamwork and written/oral communication across all levels of the organization.