Felix is hiring a senior scientist as a pivotal member of our phage engineering team. If you want to play a critical role in developing the next generation of bio-therapeutic tools to tackle the antibiotic resistance epidemic that is a growing threat to humanity, this is the perfect role for you. This position reports directly to the Head of Research and Development and will be expected to contribute immediately to our engineering efforts which focus on optimizing phage as general tools to manage bacterial infections.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
- Engineering bacteriophage genomes using novel and cutting edge technologies
- Isolating and characterizing phage and bacteria from clinical and environmental samples
- Developing high-throughput protocols (including the use of automation) and performing robust assays for characterizing phage-host interactions
- Mentoring and leading a small team of scientists, strategically planning and designing projects, assigning tasks, and ensuring delivery of goals
- Creating polished presentation materials, leading client meetings, and presenting research findings
- Interacting with a computational team to share experimental data and improve workflows
- Leveraging classic and cutting edge microbial and phage genetics techniques to manipulate phenotypes of host and phage behavior
- Working with diverse pathogenic organisms such as Pseudomonas, NTM, Staph, Klebsiella, etc.
- Preparing advanced library for Next-gen sequencing
YOU ARE THE RIGHT CANDIDATE IF YOU HAVE
- An advanced degree, ideally focused on bacterial or phage genetics
- At least 3 years of relevant industry lab experience within microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry, virology, or synthetic biology
- 3 years experience with large scale forward, reverse, and/or chemical genetic approaches
- Proven success managing 2 or more researchers
- US citizenship, visa or green card
Felix Biotechnology is a diverse team of innovative, creative, and patient-focused researchers ending the threat of antibiotic resistance and transforming treatment across diseases using engineered phage. We are a preclinical stage company developing therapies targeting pathogenic and pathobiontic microbes, with a particular focus on multidrug resistant bacterial infections. Felix’s proprietary discovery, optimization, and engineering platform enables it to link genotype to phenotype and engineer better therapeutic phages. Felix Biotechnology is a graduate of the Y-Combinator (W20) and the Illumina Accelerator (10th Cycle), was winner of 2019 international competition Falling Walls Startup of the Year, recipient of NSF funding, and has active partnerships to develop phage tech for multiple companies.