Global Algae Innovations
Job Title: Farm Technician
Performs technician-level workflow activities, supporting facility modifications, light fabrication and assembly, equipment installation, daily farming operations, laboratory equipment operation and maintenance, and assisting with experimental data collection.
- Performs daily assigned tasks per the operating supervisor.
- Reads diagrams, process sheets, and assembly and schematic drawings.
- Assists in fabrication, assembly, and installation of basic experimental and commercial equipment.
- Uses and maintains farm equipment. Cleans outdoor ponds, tanks, and sumps as needed.
- Uses and maintains lab equipment. Such as UV-Vis spectrophotometers, gravimetric instruments, and elemental analyzers.
- Helps conduct experiments and tests according to pre-arranged procedures; records relevant data.
- Records information on appropriate production records, logs and other report forms. Provides inputs to reports as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Physical Demands:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least two years related work experience desired
- Experience with common hand tools
- Able to perform complex assignments with little or no direction
- Willing to work in or near unusual environments such as pressurized air, high voltage, microwave energy, heat, cryogens, water ponds, high places, and heavy objects
- Knowledge of computer operations and applications pertinent to the field desired
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position and use a computer or equipment
- Must be able to move 50 pounds at one time; multiple times throughout the workday
- Must be able to work outdoors most of the day in outdoor weather conditions, traverse algae farm, ascend/descend ladders, and remain in a stationary position
- Positions self at ground level to perform tasks such as equipment maintenance and sample collection
- Must be able to communicate via phone, video conference, and email with co-workers
- Must be able to work weekend shifts and extended hours as required
- Must have ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
TO APPLY: please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, the subject line must include which position you are applying for.
Global Algae Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer