GRAIL is seeking an Associate Director, Life Insurance Distribution Partnerships to represent the Galleri multi-cancer early detection test and GRAIL’s policyholder program to insurance distributors and related parties. This individual will possess the capabilities to fully represent GRAIL’s product portfolio and technology platform with distributors. The Associate Director will be responsible for building a network of high performing distribution firms that serve and partner with carriers offering Galleri, including education, training, and relationship management to enable them to facilitate Galleri adoption. We are looking for an ambitious, results-driven individual with excellent communication skills and a consistent track record of partnering with life insurance distribution networks.
The Associate Director, Life Insurance Distribution Partnerships, reports to the Head of Life Insurance Partnerships.
- Build and execute an engagement strategy with an emphasis on moving forward corporate objectives, revenue, and growth within your accounts
- Lead efforts across distribution partners, including prospecting new opportunities and driving them through the pipeline to become advocates for Galleri
- Leverage your relationships with industry contacts and consultants to identify key distribution firms and other organizations that influence the life insurance sales strategy
- Through a consultative approach, work directly with life insurance distributors (i.e.: MGAs, BGAs, IMOs ) to educate them about Galleri and the existing carriers in their network that offer Galleri
- Be responsible for activating distributors to provide Galleri to their policyholders, through strong lead generation, cold-call/email, education, training, and ensuring the use of key marketing collateral tactics
- Develop close collaboration with Customer Success and Marketing to elevate go-to-market efforts, including positioning and messaging and drive pull-through of carrier policyholders
- Inform development and execution of performance data tracking to enable learning and iteration to improve strategy
- Prepare integrated account plans to help identify challenges while implementing the right internal mechanisms to mitigate them
- Work to ensure distributors’ needs are appropriately met, while ensuring that GRAIL delivers a patient-focused customer experience
- Deliver results in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Understand current state and emerging trends in the life insurance industry affecting carrier initiatives, distribution partnerships and policyholder offerings
- Engage, participate and represent GRAIL at virtual and in-person industry events
- Ensure access to GRAIL products is achieved in a compliant manner
Your background should include:
- BS/BA degree preferably with business, marketing, or actuarial studies
- 8+ years in a B2B enterprise sales role in the life insurance industry, with demonstrated success leading substantive revenue-generating accounts
- Experience with life insurance Carriers and Distributors
- Ability to build and develop customer relationships including the ability to effectively represent GRAIL and its products to senior levels of management and key thought leaders
- Innovative thinking and exceptional business acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of compliance-related concepts including the laws, regulations, and policies that govern marketing and sales activities in the life insurance industry and the importance of compliance in all job-related functions
- Ability to understand, distill, and communicate complex scientific and life insurance related concepts
- Experience managing innovative strategies with carriers, mutuals, or distributors (e.g new products, Insurtech, innovation); preference for a growth/distribution background
- Proven track record of success working with distributor executives, preferably in a growth role introducing new partnerships and/or technologies
- Track record of exceeding expectations with objective-based goals
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL has made the decision to require all U.S. employees receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.