The Associate Director / Director, is a highly strategic, solutions-oriented, collaborative, professional experienced in business partnerships and strategic alliances. You will have the opportunity to establish standard workflows to support enterprise accounts including payers and life insurance customers. This role will bring an entrepreneurial spirit and a proven track record for nurturing and developing accounts .
The AD / Director will be a self-motivated healthcare executive with a keen sense of GRAIL’s value proposition that can grow the business while effectively navigating the complexities of the market. Ability to flex between thinking strategically and managing relationships to getting deep into problem solving operational solutions to deliver back to the account is required.
In this high-impact role, you will drive meaningful change in both the short and long term for GRAIL. This role will have the opportunity to lead a portfolio of clients over time and potentially a small internal team to support efforts, if applicable.
This position can be remote based within the US.
We’re building the best team to take on healthcare’s most important challenges. Are you ready to join us?
- Serve as the GRAIL quarterback for a pool of customers, owning and maintaining strong relationships with enterprise customers in the payer and life insurance channels
- Become a trusted strategic advisor to the customer, staying on top of current and future healthcare trends in benefits
- Lead internal cross-functional efforts to deliver an effective programs, including collaboration with sales team, operations, legal, finance, marketing, business development, and product management team implementation
- Drive overall success of the program offering, seeking opportunities to refine the program by soliciting feedback, identifying and prioritizing solutions to address feedback, and adhere to ongoing risk mitigation strategies with account Develop and deliver key client deliverables which includes program operational success metrics, quarterly outcomes reports, analysis and recommendations for additional areas for growth and development
- In partnership with GRAIL’s operational team, monitor customer health, highlighting risks and opportunities that need executive oversight and resolution; prepare quarterly partner updates for senior leadership both within GRAIL and the partner organizations.
- Communicate professionally and at multiple levels within the client’s organization; anticipate customer needs and correspond proactively.
- Act as Joint Steering Committee member or support other Executives as a JSC member, as directed.
- Establish input and feedback channels to gather needs and priorities from various functions and the leadership team, while also adding their own view of opportunities.
- Facilitate the ongoing development of GRAIL’s partnership strategy & manage the overall program with broad cross-functional collaboration.
- Develop and implement shared organizational practices that will lead to common decisions and processes – some unique to the partnership.
- Key performance indicators for this role include driving pull through of tests for eligible individuals with each customer to meet and exceed annual revenue targets within GRAIL, maintaining strong customer health and referenceability, and ensuring customer/revenue retention during contract renewals
Your Background Should Include:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 12 or more years of related experience required or Master’s with 8.
- Proven commercial and business development healthcare experience with a demonstrated track record of success and at least 6 years of broad-based, progressive experience with customer management.
- Payer and/or Life Insurance experience is required
- Strong written and verbal communication and is comfortable in operations.
- Strong track record in customer management, managing both internal and external C-Suite executives.
- Strong executive presence and be comfortable and credible interfacing within the “C-suite”.
Other desired capabilities/experiences include:
- Developing and driving large, enterprise, deal campaigns with prospective clients including initial relationship development, business case building, deal negotiation, and closing.
- Using data, healthcare knowledge, and relationships within the industry to secure major business partnerships.
- Improving revenue opportunities through consultative selling.
- Effectively driving strategy, decision making, revenue, and pipeline accountability through data.
- Capability to manage, coach, and inspire a team to achieve tremendous results around revenue growth.
- Architecting a clear narrative around value delivery to the customer, the GRAIL platform, and the importance of GRAIL’s mission.
- A proven track record of working effectively in a product and customer first technology company with rapid change and growth.
- Strategic ability to explore new revenue streams and find opportunities for GRAIL to diversify its offering and customer base.
- Project management experience: ability to multitask and prioritize to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Strong internal collaboration skills to effectively work across nearly every team at GRAIL to ensure the company is putting the right resources forward at the right time.
- Inspiring confidence in its prospective customers and appropriately planning large-scale partnerships.
At GRAIL, we don’t just work for ourselves and for one another—we work for humanity. Energized by our collaborative environment, compassion, and a sense of urgency, we’re dedicated to making a meaningful impact on people’s lives. This shared belief gives our team a sense of common purpose and builds camaraderie that makes our journey together its own reward.
While our focus is on finding a better way to detect cancer early, we never lose sight of our people. We’re committed to creating the best experience for everyone at GRAIL, helping ensure that each member of our team has comprehensive benefits and resources to thrive, both at work and at home.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL has made the decision to require all U.S. employees receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.