The Customer Experience (CX) Architect is committed to and responsible for conceiving of, choreographing, and supporting the delivery of excellent customer experiences across GRAIL’s products, services, touchpoints, and the broader healthcare ecosystem. This includes identifying high-impact CX improvement and innovation opportunities, working cross-functionally to design and deliver solutions, ensuring cohesion of the end-to-end experience, and representing the voice of the customer in cross-functional initiatives.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Understand current state and define future state experiences:
- Pursue, consume, and synthesize sources of customer research and feedback to understand customer goals, critical needs, activities, pain points, thoughts, and feelings.
- Leverage a variety of customer experience tools and artifacts to document, visualize, and tell the story of current and future state experiences.
- Conceive experience-driven solutions that fulfill customer needs, address known pain points, and deliver tangible value/benefit to customers.
- Paint the picture of the future state, gain buy-in to CX initiatives through business cases and cross-functional alignment, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and deliver solutions.
- Contribute to and drive action toward the CX vision and strategic priorities.
Own and drive CX point of view and requirements for corporate strategic initiatives:
- Help define, design, and support the delivery of end-to-end CX excellence across products, services, touchpoints, and B2B implementations.
- Lead CX sub-teams and/or workstreams in corporate initiatives driven by cross- functional teams (e.g. product roadmap development)Document and audit CX “launch readiness” for all key commercial launches. Identify risks and gaps, ensure no dead-ends in the experience, propose CX improvements and innovation, and iterate quickly based on market feedback.
Plan and execute CX culture-building programs and tactics:
- Drive a culture of CX-centricity at GRAIL.
- Plan and execute internal programs that engage all employees in the importance of, and delivery of, customer experiences.
Customer Experience Professional: Proficient in using a variety of CX tools and artifacts (e.g. empathy maps, journey maps, customer blueprints, jobs to be done, etc.) in storytelling, visualizing the customer experience, and influencing decision-making. The CX Architect is a subject matter expert in the CX profession, with experience in research and voice of customer analysis, design thinking, CX prioritization methods, and CX measurement.
Customer Advocate: Knowledgeable and passionate representing the voice of the customer (patient, provider, B2B customers, etc.) in both cross-functional and experience-driven initiatives. The CX Architect is curious and persistent about understanding stated and unstated needs, figuring out the “why” behind human behavior, and solving for both big picture customer goals and the details that can make or break an experience.
Connector: Skilled in connecting and seeing connections. The CX Architect connects dots across varied customer feedback sources to develop insights and often non-obvious solution opportunities, sees interdependencies between upstream experiences and downstream consequences, ensures cohesion across multi-channel touch points, and identifies linkages across the company and healthcare ecosystem that help inform and improve end-to-end customer experiences.
Personal characteristics and skills:
- Passion for the importance of CX in delivering on GRAIL’s mission
- Ability to build relationships across teams and functions, both internally and externally with key stakeholders and healthcare ecosystem partners
- Strong analytical, data-based orientation to making recommendations and supporting decision-making
- Ability to think both big picture and at the tactical level, from vision and strategy development to hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves execution
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
- Minimum 7 years experience in customer experience and/or service design, or equivalent experience in product management and/or marketing with strong orientation toward consumer/customer research and human-centered design
- Healthcare or related industry knowledge a plus
- Physical demands associated with office work
- Some travel (<10%) may be required
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL has made the decision to require all U.S. employees receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.