Join a highly organized and exceptionally agile Executive Administration team driven by our mission: to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. We work behind the scenes making crucial contributions to the mission via those we support. This role requires highly-developed interpersonal skills, a friendly and helpful demeanor, and a solution-oriented approach.
The Executive Assistant will report directly to the Vice President within the Life Sciences, Regulatory and Bioinformatics teams, and will also provide support to additional Executive and Senior Leaders.
- Perform as both an individual contributor and team player supporting cross-disciplinary execution of business strategy
- Support multiple senior executives and leaders, actively managing and optimizing their complex calendars across multiple time zones.
- Lead special projects and assignments ad-hoc, navigating ambiguity with poise
- Proactively lead and improve operational processes within scope
- Provide mentorship to junior team members
- Nitty gritty: arrange domestic/international travel, prepare expense reports, coordinate team meetings, events and off-sites
- Take an active role in creating administrative and operational process improvement to ensure efficiency where needed.
- Help draft and prepare correspondence for internal announcements and organizations that the executive is involved with
- Use discretion, confidentiality, and good judgment to handle C-Level matters.
- Prepare Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentations, agendas, reports via G Suite, special projects, and other documents in support of objectives for the organization.
- Actively participate in staff meetings, take meeting notes, assist in following up with action items
Your background should include:
- 5+ years of experience in executive admin support, complex calendar management.
- Preference for B.A./B.S. degree or experience supporting leaders within Life Sciences, Regulatory or Tech.
- Has a strong business sense and can decipher priorities and make sound judgment calls when needed
- Excellent project management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new procedures, software, and technologies.
- Commitment to excellence. Performs duties at the highest level possible on a consistent basis.
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally and externally at all levels with ease (outstanding verbal and written communication skills).
- Positive “can do” attitude with a strong desire to roll up sleeves.
- Experience with Google Suite preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Start-up experience in a company that has scaled quickly is a plus.
- Team player – have team-oriented experience and approach
To be successful in this role, you:
- Exercises good judgment in a diversity of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities
- Multitasks efficiently; excelling at synthesizing and coordinating multiple communications in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Views the calendar as a fluid and flexible puzzle
- Remains calm under pressure with exceptional attention to detail
- Enjoys working cross-functionally in partnership with teams
- Has impeccable communication skills with a knack for establishing strong relationships
- Takes initiative: anticipating, addressing and resolving potential needs, conflicts, or challenges
- Is adept at owning and prioritizing special projects end-to-end
- Believes that no task is too big or too small
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL has made the decision to require all U.S. employees receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.