As the Sr. IT Technical Project Manager, you will manage GRAIL’s Workday implementation project on behalf of the IT team, working closely with the IT HRIS/Workday technical team, our external partner and internal stakeholders such as the People Team and Accounting. You will also manage post-production IT operations of workday, enhancements and projects involving related systems in support of the People team. The ideal candidate is organized, detail oriented, and has a track record delivering complex enterprise application projects on time and on budget in the HRIS space, combined with excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills, and is able to thrive with ambiguity.
- Lead Project Management Activities for Enterprise Application Software Projects (new systems or extensions to existing systems), following defined checklists, particularly for Workday and other HRIS related systems, including:
- Analysis and Planning: requirements gathering; requests for proposal: software platforms and/or system integrators; systematic proposal evaluation; security review; supplier review; cross functional project planning and project proposal including scope, work breakdown structure, schedule, resource planning and budget planning
- Implementation: core team management; project status communication; detailed Gantt project plan milestone and task tracking; UAT and
- Validation:Go-live preparation; supplier management; issue tracking, reporting, and resolution
- Deployment: training, hypercare
- Post Production Support: capacity planning, issue management; KPI reporting
- Risk management: Throughout the project, identify, track and manage key risks in support of a successful project
- Work cross functionally with internal and external stakeholders to establish strong inter-team and intra-team relationships resulting in win-win results.
- Demonstrate empathetic listening skills, the ability to navigate different, even conflicting, points of view, and combine that with clear, succinct communication to achieve compelling results for GRAIL, our customers and patient
Your background should include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- 5+ years relevant work experience in technical project management
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in HRIS enterprise applications, preferably including Workday, across HCM Core, Compensation, Absence,
- Talent and Performance, Learning, overall information security, and Workday integrations with other applications and providers
- Experience managing SOX controls and compliance
- Demonstrated ability to listen first and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization including senior executives.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to consistently interact across a broad array of stakeholders in a constructive, professional and effective manner, building strong effective relationships.
- Proficiency with project management tools such as Asana, Jira, or Smartsheets.
- PMI PMP Certification
- Agile/Scrum certification such as Certified Scrum Master or Scaled Agile Framework
- Experience working in the life sciences or another regulated industry under frameworks such as ISO27001, GXP, and HIPAA.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL has made the decision to require all U.S. employees receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.