Manage strategic and tactical Medical Affairs projects to support the communication of scientific information and key messaging to ensure the safe and appropriate use of Heron products. Collaborates cross functionally and transparently to ensure timely completion of projects that are scientifically accurate and of high quality. Reports to Executive Director, Medical Affairs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain training and presentation tools for use by Medical Affairs team members for communication with both internal stakeholders and healthcare providers.
- Responsible for timely development and/or delivery of accurate and fair-balanced scientific content to support scientific exchange activities with healthcare providers.
- Prepares and updates written medical information response documents (e.g. SRDs, AMCP Dossiers), handles escalated inquiries requiring literature searches and collaboration with other departments to obtain relevant information.
- Presents project and professional information to appropriate individuals in a concise, clear, timely and objective manner, and with scientific and grammatical accuracy and high quality.
- Develops expert knowledge and ensures compliance with applicable regulations, including but not limited to PhRMA code, FDA, ICH, ACCME and Heron policies and procedures.
- Proficiently learns and applies therapeutic area and product knowledge to scientific projects.
- Implements systems or solutions to enhance efficiency, eliminate redundancy, reduce expenditure, and guarantee quality.
- Ensuring timely development and maintenance of materials for use by or training of the field-based MSL team (e.g., slide decks, FAQs, congress summaries, HEOR-related content).
- Serve as a scientific resource for internal stakeholders.
- Participating in the planning and execution of congress activities (e.g., Medical Booth support, Congress Lead, Topic team lead, other.)
- Healthcare degree (Pharm.D, MD, PA or NP) required.
- 2+ years of relevant Medical Affairs or clinical experience.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively present complex scientific data to healthcare providers.
- Excellent medical writing ability, and the ability to understand, analyze/interpret, and summarize highly complex scientific data
- Ability to collect, analyze and summarize complex data to create scientifically accurate and fair-balanced content that communicates and educates audiences on complex medical and scientific concepts, treatment options, emerging standards of care, and competitive intelligence, as appropriate.
- Ability to understand, interpret, analyze, and present medical data.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities within deadlines and with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and MS Word software applications, reference databases and overall computer skills with knowledge of literature search techniques required.
- Demonstrated understanding of legal and regulatory environment of pharmaceutical industry.
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time, mostly US based.
The above description is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned; it is not intended to be all inclusive or limit the duties of the position.
Heron is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity.