Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world’s first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology with a recent $150mm financing round led by Fidelity and T. Rowe Price. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. Due to rapid growth and recent commercialization, Inscripta has an opening for a Senior Electrical Engineer/ Staff Electrical Engineer located in Pleasanton, CA.
We are looking for an innovative and experienced Senior Electrical Engineer/ Staff Electrical Engineer who will contribute to the electronic design and development of a new, industry leading gene editing platform. Responsibilities will include servo and stepper motion control, sensor interface, power control and embedded system design. You will have the opportunity to design a new instrument with a world-class team of biologists, chemists, mechanical engineers, and firmware engineers.
- Design PCBs for sensor interface and instrument control.
- Electrical portion of instrument design, including passing UL and CE.
- Create documentation packages for the release of PC Boards, API and test plans and results.
- Ensure design reviews happen and are documented.
- Write python scripts for experiments and prototypes.
- Communicate effectively with a cross-functional team consisting of engineers and scientists.
- BS Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of electrical engineering experience which includes experience taking at least one commercial instrument from concept to shipment.
- Significant experience using Altium, Python, at least one RTOS (eg. VXWorks, mbed, FreeRTOS), hardware test, and motion control.
- Servo control experience, e.g., state-space control.
- Cellular biology knowledge/education.
- Linux/BSD experience.
- Use of and coding for i2c devices.
- CAN bus experience.
- Test-driven development (TDD).
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match and an attractive equity program to all team members. Join us and work with a cutting-edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position will be located in our Pleasanton, CA location, but travel to Boulder, CO will be required.