Inscripta is developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for an Engineering Technician located in Pleasanton, CA.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Technician who will significantly contribute to the development of our Digital Genome Engineering platforms. You will work with an extremely talented team who are used to moving quickly. This is an exciting opportunity to build the technology from the ground up.
- Build, service, and test electro-mechanical fluidic systems designed by Inscripta engineers.
- Work with engineering team to execute test plans on instrument, collect data, perform analysis, and report and present the results.
- Maintain accurate and complete data records in electronic form.
- Assist root cause analysis on issues found during testing.
- Design and execute mechanical, electrical, and full system tests on existing and newly developed systems.
- Communicate effectively with a cross-functional team consisting of engineers and scientists.
- 3-5+ years of experience building & testing electro-mechanical equipment.
- Programming experience: NET, C++, python or similar.
- Mechanically minded individuals to identify and accurately report problems.
- Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and root-cause analysis skills.
- Organized and can keep track of assigned tasks and priorities, with minimal supervision.
- Skilled with computers and Microsoft Office; especially Excel, windows filing system, and others.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- AS or BS engineering degree.
- Experience using hand tools and multimeter.
- Ability to read, revise, and make engineering drawings and electrical schematics.
- 3D CAD experience (Solidworks).
- Electronics design experience.
- Mechanical fabrication experience.
- Experience in a startup setting.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match and an attractive equity program to all team members. Join us and work with a cutting edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our Pleasanton office location.