Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world’s first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology with a recent $150mm financing round led by Fidelity and TRowe price. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. Due to rapid growth and recent commercialization, Inscripta has an opening for a Senior Lab Automation Systems Engineer located in Pleasanton, CA.
We are looking for a Senior Lab Automation Systems Engineer to join our Information Systems & Software group, working in close conjunction with our Biochemistry group, operations, and other R&D teams. We are looking for a candidate who can gather complex and often unclear business needs and translate them into usable system requirements as well as identify, document, and execute test cases for a variety of software packages. Our ideal candidate is one who can translate between R&D wet bench research and automated liquid handling development. This role requires an experienced candidate with a strong molecular biology background, strong written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrated automated liquid handling experience. You would be primarily responsible for R&D and automation development activities but may also participate in other corporate matters.
- Working with R&D scientists to adapt benchtop protocols to automated systems and developing tasks to execute these protocols to meet key performance metrics.
- Working in conjunction with scientific teams to execute automated workflows.
- Working with software teams to integrate lab automation equipment into laboratory information management systems to track samples through complex workflows and capture data associated with the workflow processes.
- Requirements gathering and documentation efforts in support of laboratory automation projects.
- Aiding in the selection, procurement, installation, and validations of flexible laboratory automation systems which can be used in a high throughput laboratory environment.
- Experience with molecular biology tools including cloning, DNA purification and sequencing.
- 3+ years of work experience with automated liquid handling systems such as Tecan EVO/Fluent, Beckman Biomek FX/NX, Agilent Bravo, etc.
- Experience adapting benchtop protocols to automated systems.
- Experience writing comprehensive bug reports using software bug/feature request tracking systems in a research/software/hardware development team environment.
- Desire to work in a team environment and collaborate closely with other cross-functional teams.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced startup environment.
- MS or BS in Life Sciences or Engineering is preferred.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match, and an attractive equity program to all team members. Join us and work with a cutting edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our Pleasanton, CA office location.