Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world’s first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology with a recent $150mm financing round led by Fidelity and TRowe price. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. Due to rapid growth and recent commercialization, Inscripta has an opening for a Senior Scientist located in our Pleasanton, CA office.
Do you love tinkering with nucleic acids? Is protocol improvement an unshakeable habit? We are looking for a creative scientist who is passionate about building and commercializing the assays that drive CRISPR-based genome editing at Inscripta.
Essential aspects of this position include: prolific innovation, superior experimental design & execution, and robust protocol development. The right candidate will enthusiastically leverage their experience, curiosity, and creativity to build industry-leading molecular biology and genetic-engineering tools in a highly innovative, team-oriented, and vibrant R&D environment.
- Design and develop robust assays with simple, automation-compatible workflows.
- Work collaboratively with biochemists, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, and engineers to identify, build, and optimize the assays that propel genome engineering.
- Execute complex, highly multiplexed experiments that accurately evaluate protocol improvements.
- Conduct detailed data analyses, use bioinformatic pipelines, & provide data-driven recommendations.
- Transfer new methodologies and assays from R&D to Systems-Integration and Manufacturing.
- Provide clear and concise written and oral communications to colleagues and supervisors.
Required Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience with: NGS, PCR, qPCR, oligo design, and nucleic acid manipulation.
- Demonstrated record of innovation developing molecular biology assays and techniques.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams in a highly matrixed environment.
- Exceptional data analysis skills combined with strong logical thinking.
- Ability to learn quickly and willingness to work determinedly at a dynamic startup company.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with at least one programming or scripting language such as R or Python.
- Experience with genome engineering, cloning, and microbe & mammalian cell culture.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match and an attractive equity program to all team members. Join us and work with a cutting edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our Pleasanton, CA office location.