At insitro, we leverage the tools of modern biology to generate large, high-quality datasets optimized for machine learning, allowing us to unleash the full potential of modern computational approaches.
As Product Manager for ML Platform, you’ll be responsible for the end-to-end product experience of the platform that drives our machine learning-based drug discovery. High quality data is core to what we do, and you’ll own the product vision and buildout of our data-processing APIs and pipelines for clinical imaging, internally-generated multiomics and microscopy, and everything in between. You will work with software engineers, data scientists, and ML engineers to build and scale the infrastructure for ML research, experimentation, and production models.
Your responsibilities will include:
– Develop a product vision and strategy for our ML platform, and rally the team around it.
– Build a product roadmap based on a deep understanding of the needs of our machine learning teams.
– Design APIs and developer tools that are intuitive and easy to use.
– Collaborate with outside partners to onboard external datasets and support their research needs.
– Champion data quality by developing a fine-grained understanding of key indicators of data quality, defining key metrics, and tracking the impact of product changes.
– Define product requirements and specifications, prioritize features, and work with engineering teams to build them.
– Motivate cross-functional teams and maintain team health, making use of strong leadership, organizational, and execution skills.
You will be joining an exciting biotech startup that has long-term stability due to significant funding, but whose product management team is still forming, providing many opportunities for meaningful impact. You will work closely with a talented team, learn a broad range of skills, and help shape insitro’s culture, strategic direction, and outcomes. Join us, and help make a difference for patients!
– 5+ years of product management experience, with a proven record of successful outcomes across the full product lifecycle
– Experience building platforms and tools for ML engineers, software engineers, or data scientists
– Experience with machine learning pipelines, operations, and models shipped to a production environment
– Experience making buy-vs-build decisions and evaluating third-party tools (commercial or open source)
– Experience managing complex projects with cross-functional teams
– Strong communication and collaboration skills with people of diverse backgrounds and expertise
– Biased toward action, detail oriented, and able to thrive in ambiguity and rapidly changing circumstance
– Passion for delivering safe new medicines to patients in need
Nice to Have
– Degree or equivalent practical experience in computer science, electrical engineering, math, physics, or a related technical field
– Experience working at an early stage startup
– Exposure to computational methods relevant to drug discovery and design
– Exposure to managing relationships with third-party software vendors
– Knowledge of lab equipment and drug discovery workflows
– Familiarity with imaging and multiomics data
– Familiarity with LIMS (laboratory information management systems) and ELN (electronic lab notebook) software
Benefits at insitro
– Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage; insitro pays 100% of premiums for employees
– Excellent mental health and well-being support
– Open vacation policy
– Access to free onsite baristas and cafe with daily lunch and breakfast
– Access to free onsite fitness center
– Commuter benefits
– Paid parental leave
– Competitive pay and 401(k) matching
– Flexible work schedule (on site and remote)