Location: San Francisco, CA
Schedule: TH-Mon 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm OR TH-Mon 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve! We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
We are looking for a motivated and self-driven Clinical Laboratory Scientist to join our team. This role will be responsible for performing high complexity diagnostic testing on patient specimens across various molecular assays and platforms (Including NGS, NIPS, aCGH, MLPA, ddPCR, Genotyping, Sanger and Long Range Sequencing). This role envelopes all steps from specimen processing to data analysis; performing quality control and assurance procedures, while complying with all applicable local, state and federal laboratory requirements. The work requires excellent attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to multitask as well as work independently within a team environment.
What you will do:
- The Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) is responsible for the direct and constant supervision of clinical laboratory technicians at all times during the analytical phase
- The CLS is responsible for performing clinical laboratory testing, as directed by the current standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Follow the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analysis, reporting, and maintaining records of patient results
- Maintain strict standards of quality
- Identify any issues that may adversely affect the quality of test results and reporting these to appropriate representatives to ensure prompt resolution
- Assist with quality control and quality assurance activities
- Participate in continued education credits
- Other duties as assigned
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in clinical laboratory studies or equivalent science related studies
- Possess an active, valid license (Generalist or CGMBS) issued by California to perform high complexity testing
- Minimum 1+ years of laboratory experience; preferably in a molecular biology lab performing DNA Sequencing or high complexity molecular techniques
- Advanced laboratory skills
- Ability to work full-time schedule as well as possible overtime or off-schedule days if needed
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.