Mammoth Biosciences is harnessing the diversity of nature to power the next-generation of CRISPR products. Through the discovery and development of novel CRISPR systems, the company is enabling the full potential of its platform to read and write the code of life. By leveraging its internal research and development and exclusive licensing to patents related to Cas12, Cas13, Cas14 and CasPhi, Mammoth Biosciences is advancing disease detection and treatment using its novel CRISPR systems that can deliver on the promise of precision medicine across diagnostics and therapeutics. Furthermore, Mammoth’s CRISPR technology platform will enable new solutions in life science research, healthcare, agriculture, biodefense and more.
Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Mammoth Biosciences is co-founded by CRISPR pioneer and Nobel Prize winner Jennifer Doudna and principal founders Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington. The firm is backed by top institutional investors including Decheng, Mayfield, NFX, and 8VC, and leading individual investors including Brook Byers, Tim Cook, Bob Nelsen, and Jeff Huber.
Our small-size proteins, such as Cas14 and CasPhi, are poised to transform disease treatment enabling novel editing approaches and delivery options that are difficult to achieve or not even possible with previously described CRISPR-Cas systems. Our teams are responsible for discovering and engineering novel CRISPR systems, establishing CRISPR-based diagnostics, and translating our unique CRISPR technology into therapeutic treatments with the ultimate goal of cures for indications with high medical need.
Mammoth is currently seeking a talented Associate Scientist with experience in AAV production to join our therapeutic genome editing team. The successful candidate will work closely and collaboratively with colleagues to design/develop, perform and execute experiments on AAV vector engineering, virus production and purification to support AAV delivery of Cas nucleases for human therapeutics. The position requires adaptability, excellent technical and analytical skills, strong organizational and communication skills, as well as the ability to work independently in a fast-paced team-oriented and dynamic environment.
- Execution of cell culture, AAV viral production and purification, and AAV QC and titering assays
- Accurately and timely record, document, analyze and communicate laboratory data to senior staff and team members
- Conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner, and adheres to site environmental health and safety (EHS) requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular and cell biology, immunology, biochemistry, or a related field
- Minimum 4 years relevant laboratory research experience in AAV production
- Industry work experience in AAV production
- Proficiency in molecular cloning, qPCR, AAV production, purification and QC and titering assays
- Experience with AAV vector construction and engineering
- Experience with manufacturing of other viruses
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant data analysis software (Flowjo, GraphPad Prism, etc.)
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with strong work ethic
- Ability to work efficiently and productively in a fast-paced, highly collaborative team environment
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.