Do you want to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four divisions – Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies – develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 100 countries and regions.
The manufacturing technician is an integral part of the overall process required to convert human plasma to injectable protein therapies. The technician is responsible for the set-up, operation and cleaning of various types of process equipment utilized to separate, purify, fill, inspect and package the protein products manufactured by Grifols.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES may include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for equipment setup and operation in a biologics processing environment for plasma derived pharmaceuticals.
- Strict adherence to procedures and practices according to FDA regulations.
- Strong emphasis on documentation according to FDA regulations.
- Adhere to departmental corporate safety policies.
- Responsible for facility and equipment cleaning.
- All work is performed in a clean room (sanitized) manufacturing environment.
- Responsible for basic process analysis such as pH, refractive index, turbidity, and conductivity measurements.
- Operates manufacturing equipment such as ultrafiltration (UF) units, chromatography columns, Clean In Place (CIP) systems, Steam In Place (SIP) systems and centrifuges.
- Utilizes touch screen Operator Interface Terminals (OIT).
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE/SKILLS & EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate’s degree, applicable certification, and/or military veterans preferred.
- Must be proactive, results oriented, and have strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and the ability to exercise good judgment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet targeted deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with personnel at all levels in a team environment.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be flexible with working hours / shifts in order to accommodate the 24 hour, 7 day plant operation.
- Ability to lift /move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods – up to four (4) hours at a time.
- Manual dexterity to perform all job functions.
- Ability to gown and work in an aseptic/clean room environment.
- Exposure to toxic/caustic chemicals and biological hazards.
- This job description is accurate at the date of publication and may change over time. It is not intended as an exhaustive description of the job. Other duties may be assigned and qualifications required may change.
Grifols is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition or characteristics, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by applicable State/Federal laws. We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Req ID: 403067