Millennium Health is an accredited specialty laboratory.
** $5,000 singing bonus offered for the position.**
The Analytical Toxicology Supervisor is responsible for oversight and management of performance for the analytical laboratory processes using immunoassay and/or LC-MS/MS technology.
Job Location: San Diego, CA – Relocation Assistance Provided
Schedule: Tuesday – Saturday. 8-hour shift with a 1pm start time. Occasional hours outside of stated times.
Must have a degree/experience in the following areas and ability to obtain a California and Nevada CLS license with-in 6 months of the date of hire:
Current California CLS license. (Generalist, Toxicologist Scientist, or Clinical Chemist Scientist).
Medical Laboratory Scientist
ASCP license highly preferred.
The following are intended to be examples of the accountabilities for which the person in this position is responsible. This position description is not intended to be complete or all-inclusive and does not preclude management from assigning other or related functions for which the individual has demonstrated competency through performance.
• Responsible for day-to-day supervision of testing personnel and reporting of laboratory test results for all
test methods performed under CLIA regulation.
• Provides direct and constant supervision to Laboratory Technicians and Laboratory Assistants as required
by applicable state and federal regulations.
• Required to provide oversight to testing areas and other laboratory personnel as required by applicable
state and federal regulations.
• Responsible for monitoring test analyses using immunoassay and/or LC-MS/MS technology, and
specimen examinations to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained.
• Responsible for scheduling staff to accomplish production goals.
• Responsible for ensuring that Laboratory Occurrence Management (LOM) forms are completed for
anomalies and corrective action is documented.
• Participates in process improvement activities such as quality, safety, document management and
control, and proficiency testing.
• Interacts with vendors on special projects such as test method validations and new equipment.
• Responsible for technical studies designed to improve or validate clinical laboratory testing methods.
• Assists with advanced troubleshooting issues involving equipment, instruments and assay performance.
• Ensures and assists with training of laboratory personnel as appropriate.
• Ensures performance of preventative maintenance and calibrations on laboratory equipment and
instruments. May contact vendors to initiate maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of instruments and
• Writes Laboratory documents such as Standard Operating Procedures and departmental forms as needed
and ensures they are current.
• Responsible for performance evaluations of direct reports.
• Required to follow all safety procedures, policies, precautions, and Quality Assurance guidance
• Participates in internal laboratory audits
• Other duties as assigned.
• Fulfill the responsibilities defined under CLIA General Supervisor role:
• Must be accessible to the laboratory as needed for on-site, telephone, or electronic consultation and
is responsible for day-to-day supervision or oversight of the laboratory operation and personnel.
performing testing and reporting test results.
• Resolution of technical problems in accordance with policies and procedures established by the laboratory director or technical supervisor
• Monitoring of test performance
• Ensuring that remedial actions are taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
• Providing orientation of testing personnel
The Supervisor, Analytical Laboratory remains aware of evolving needs and opportunities, showing flexibility to support the Company’s success. Pursues educational opportunities to maintain advanced and up-to-date knowledge in the field. Performs all other related duties as required and assigned and understands that the items in this description are not all-inclusive.
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or
clinical laboratory science and current California CLS license required (Generalist or limited Toxicologist Scientist, or Clinical Chemist Scientist)
• Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years of clinical laboratory experience OR
Master’s degree with 4+ years of clinical laboratory experience OR
PhD with 2+ years clinical laboratory experience
• 2 years’ experience post-CLS license required
• Supervisory experience highly preferred
• Knowledgeable in laboratory methods and techniques
• Knowledgeable of equipment and supplies used in a laboratory
• Proficient in MS Applications (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook)
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels
• Effective attention to detail with high degree of accuracy
• Demonstrated ability to effectively lead staff and manage projects
• Must maintain continuing education units required by California
Department of Health Services.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
This position will require the following physical requirements: sitting (50 %), walking (30 %), standing (20 %), and lifting up to 50 lbs. Physical requirements will vary depending on departmental needs.
This position will require the following mental requirements:
• The employee is expected to read and understand standard operating procedures (SOPs)
• The employee should be able to convert SOP instructions into work-related tasks.
• The employee must be able to perform simple calculations as required in the SOP
• The employee must be able to use judgment when there is a deviation in the system and effectively
communicate any discrepancy to their supervisor.
ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
• The employee is regularly exposed to high pressure/high stress situations, and therefore, must be able to
thrive in this type of environment.
• Must be accessible to testing personnel at all times testing is performed to provide on-site, telephone or
electronic consultation to resolve technical problems in accordance with policies and procedures.
established either by the laboratory director or technical supervisor.
• Personnel performing testing or other tasks that require color discrimination must be evaluated for
difficulty with visual color discrimination. Evaluation limited to discrimination of those colored items pertinent to the job is sufficient.
POTENTIAL HIRING RANGE:
$100,000.00 to $120,000.00
Offers are based on skills, knowledge, and abilities of the selected candidate.
Millennium Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and E-verify participant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
California Employee Privacy Notice – Millennium Health LLC