Who are you? As an in Vitro Scientist, you will conduct animal studies on potential drug candidates for pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) and efficacy evaluation using disease models, as well as preclinical drug tolerance and DMPK investigations to support IND enabling studies. You will also work closely with nucleic acid delivery scientists to evaluate the biodistribution of delivery systems and payload to demonstrate efficacy and safety. In addition, you will work with our drug development team in managing IND enabling studies conducted at CROs. Your ultimate goal is to leverage your experience and knowledge to help Molecular Axiom advance nucleic acid-based therapies into preclinical and clinical development. We’re looking for candidates who have a can-do attitude and embrace and thrive in our vibrant and collaborative start-up culture. You are not only expected to be an independent scientific contributor, but also a ready collaborator with your teammates. You will speak up in team discussions and participate in the decision-making process. You must be willing to lead and be led, help, and be helped, and enjoy the close professional relationships at work striving to achieve the company’s objectives and vision. Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Execute PK/PD, target engagement, efficacy, or mechanism of action studies to support pre-clinical and discovery programs
- Administer nucleic acid-based test articles to mice, measure endpoints (i.e., tumor volume, body weight) and collect blood/tissue for analysis.
- Prepare test articles for animal studies and perform end point assays with samples from in vivo studies
- Analyze in vivo studies and present scientific and technical data in project meeting
- Manage and serve as liaison for the vivarium facility, and manage study protocols for IACUC approval
- Work with internal stakeholders and external collaborators to support IND studies
- Author study and technical reports to support regulatory agency requests.
Requirements & Technical Skills:
- Degree in Biological Sciences or equivalent, industry and nucleic acid medicine experience preferred. The title and compensation are commensurate with experience.
- Expert hands-on experience in various dosing routes (SC, IV, IP, IT, ICV), blood collection (sub mandibular, terminal cardiac, retro orbital), necropsy, and tumor/organ collection is required
- Experience in at least one of the oncology, immunology and CNS animal models is required.
- For oncology, hands-on experience working with CDX and/or PDX models is required, including tumor establishment and measurement. Ability to establish new tumor cell line xenograft in mice, and familiar with orthotopic tumor model is highly desired.
- For immunology, experience in autoimmune disease models, and treatment to modify immune response is required.
- For CNS, experience in neurodegenerative disease models and endpoint assays to measure disease progression is required.
- Experience in the management of animal study CROs and production of study protocol per IACUC requirement and animal study regulatory compliance is required.
- Strong collaboration, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Strong skills in documentation and timeline management.
Molecular Axiom is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.