Neomorph is a venture backed biotechnology company solving critical problems in human health through the discovery and development of innovative new medicines against ‘undruggable targets’. Our team is comprised of industry leading experts in protein degradation and molecular glues who have a track record of ground-breaking discoveries in the field. We are committed to leadership in advancing the science and technology of molecular glue drug discovery, while prosecuting a pipeline of projects through clinical development. Our patient-first, science-driven approach is complemented by our dedication to a supportive and collaborative work environment.
Neomorph is headquartered in San Diego, California, and has a key collaboration with the Center for Protein Degradation at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Neomorph is looking for a seasoned financial professional to join our team. This position will be responsible for performing and managing all aspects of financial operations for Neomorph, including accounting, reporting, financial planning and analysis. This is a highly visible position within the organization and will report directly to CFO.
- Provide day-to-day management of accounting activities including transactions, policies, controls and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and complete financial records and reporting, in compliance with legal requirements and US GAAP standards.
- Manage and oversee all accounts payable, expense reports, payroll, revenue recognition, leases, fixed assets and bank reconciliations.
- Manage and oversee annual budgeting and periodic forecasting processes and deliver variance analysis and other management reports.
- Perform technical accounting research and document conclusions on accounting treatment for complex issues.
- Responsible for timely month-end close and financial reporting.
- Manage federal and state tax compliance including income, payroll and sales and use tax reporting and filings.
- Manage relationship with outsourced service providers covering accounting, tax, IT and procurement.
- Vendor management, including preparation and review of contracts for appropriate business terms and potential accounting treatment.
- Manage cash flow and provide periodic reporting as required to management and investors.
- Support investor dialogue and assist in responding to inquiries and information requests.
- Other projects and tasks, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA required.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant accounting experience.
- Experience in an early stage life sciences company
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, reporting and compliance.
- Excellent business acumen that includes good financial skills, financial analysis, and budgeting skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work and communicate effectively at all levels within and external to the organization.
- High personal integrity and strong work ethic.
- Ability to operate with substantial latitude in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven record of achieving on-time monthly deliverables in support of financial close.
- Demonstrated leadership skills as an organization-wide strategic planner and in the successful implementation for those plans, both short and long term
Neomorph provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, alienage or citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.