Neomorph is a venture backed biotechnology company solving critical problems in human health through the discovery and development of innovative new medicines against ‘undruggable targets’. Our team is comprised of industry leading experts in protein degradation and molecular glues who have a track record of ground-breaking discoveries in the field. We are committed to leadership in advancing the science and technology of molecular glue drug discovery, while prosecuting a pipeline of projects through clinical development. Our patient-first, science-driven approach is complemented by our dedication to a supportive and collaborative work environment.
Neomorph is headquartered in San Diego, California, and has a key collaboration with the Center for Protein Degradation at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute.
Our ideal candidate:
You are a talented and motivated synthetic chemist with a basic understanding of modern organic synthetic methods. You thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment and are looking for an opportunity to work alongside leaders in the field of targeted protein degradation, where you are empowered to enable drug discovery programs and explore new aspects of this compelling science.
Role and responsibilities:
- Demonstrate ability in synthetic chemistry and maintain a consistent level of productivity in the laboratory
- Execute clear synthetic routes using state-of-the-art synthetic methodologies with guidance when needed
- Perform routine experimental troubleshooting
- Keep an organized and well-written electronic laboratory notebook
- Work within laboratory safety policies and practices
- Communicate ideas and results (both verbally and in writing)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
- Execute basic and challenging chemistry experiments
- Demonstrates growing understanding of his/her own discipline
- Display proven productivity and experimental reliability
- Demonstrates effective communication skills, especially in peer-directed presentations
- Ability to multi-task and display effective time-management
- MS in chemistry or related science and 0 years of employment experience, or BS in chemistry or related science and 2+ years of relevant employment experience
- Basic knowledge of modern organic synthetic methods, purification, and analytical techniques
Good communication skills
Neomorph provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, alienage or citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran, or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.