Neomorph is a venture backed biotechnology company solving critical problems in human health through the discovery and development of innovative new medicines against ‘undruggable targets’. Our team is comprised of industry leading experts in protein degradation and molecular glues who have a track record of ground-breaking discoveries in the field. We are committed to leadership in advancing the science and technology of molecular glue drug discovery, while prosecuting a pipeline of projects through clinical development. Our patient-first, science-driven approach is complemented by our dedication to a supportive and collaborative work environment.
Neomorph is headquartered in San Diego, California, and has a key collaboration with the Center for Protein Degradation at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute
We are seeking a Senior Scientist to apply machine learning, data mining and structural modeling methods to build predictive models of proteins and complexes, identify glue-able proteins and tractable ligase platforms, and derive SAR understanding to accelerate drug development programs.
Open to a hybrid work environment for someone who could be onsite a couple days a week.
- Evaluate/implement new or improved methods to increase throughput and/or accuracy of molecular modeling workflows
- Build models and apply machine learning techniques to predict binding interactions
- Use computational methods to probe sequence-structure-function relationships
- Analyze data sets to discover relationships between protein structure and key pharmaceutical properties
- PhD in Computational Biology, Computational Chemistry, Computer Science, Bioinformatics with 4+ years, MS with 7+ years or BS with 10+ years of experience in applied Computational Biology
- Strong skills in protein modeling, including in one or more commonly used protein structure modeling software packages, Rosetta preferred
- Thorough understanding and demonstrated ability to apply statistical methods and machine learning to analyze large scale data
- Fluent in Python, R or other relevant programming languages
- Experienced with Unix and cloud computing environments
- Basic modern software engineering skills (git, shell scripting, etc)
- Working knowledge of bioinformatics tools and databases
- Proven ability to work within interdisciplinary teams to deliver testable biological insights from large-scale data
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to effectively present data within the company and to other stakeholders
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple projects
Neomorph provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, alienage or citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.