Pioneering Nitrase Biology
Nitrase Therapeutics, Inc. is a preclinical stage platform company developing disease modifying therapeutics against a novel class of enzymes to treat age related disorders: oncological, neurological, cardiovascular, fibrotic, and inflammatory diseases.
We are seeking inquisitive individuals who can thrive in a collaborative and dynamic culture and are steadfast in the commitment to advance cutting-edge science to make transformative medicines for patients with unmet medical needs.
As part of Nitrase Therapeutics growth and drive toward the clinic, we are seeking to recruit a Cell Biologist to our Brisbane, CA site with extensive hands-on experience in setting up cell-based assays for fibrosis, oncology, and/or immuno-oncology, or other disease areas to support early discovery biology and drug discovery efforts. The successful candidate will work with team members across scientific disciplines to apply cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, proteomics, and functional genomics techniques to contribute to the understanding of nitrase activity in the biology of fibrosis, cancer, and other disease areas. Experience in experimental approaches such as 2D and 3D cell culture, Western blots, ELISAs, NGS, high dimensional flow cytometry, qPCR, single cell RNASeq, immunohistochemistry, and big data analysis tools are desirable.
- Developing, executing, and analyzing laboratory experiments in the areas of fibrosis, oncology, immuno-oncology, and potentially other disease areas
- Establishing novel cellular assays to provide both in vitro proof-of-concept and quantitative read-outs that support preclinical development of therapeutic compounds to support translational development
- Maintaining excellent aseptic cell and tissue culture techniques
- Closely collaborating with a cross-disciplinary team and external groups to coordinate and drive complex studies
- Clearly communicating results in written and oral formats
- Maintaining notebooks and electronic files associated with each experiment
- Preparing scientific presentations and manuscripts for publication
- Developing and authoring SOPs and reports
- Contributing to building a culture that encourages bold ideas, embraces scientific excellence, integrity, urgency and self-actualization
- Degree (BA/BS, MS or Ph.D.) in Biology, Pharmacology or related scientific field
- Ph.D. +0-1 year, or MS +3 years, or BA/BS +5 years of fibrosis, oncology and/or immuno-oncology, autoimmune disease, or neurodegenerative disease education and experience
- Experience with complex cell culture techniques, assay development, Western blots, ELISAs, flow cytometry, qPCR, NGS, single cell RNAseq, other molecular biology techniques, statistical software (GraphPad Prism, Excel, other)
- Drug discovery experience is a plus
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an integrated player in a small team environment
- Detail-oriented; proficient in oral and written communication
- Ideal candidate will have a thorough ability to conduct high quality, creative bench level work while also understanding the big picture and how to move the program forward efficiently
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications
Salary Range, dependent on experience: $110K – $150K
Nitrase Therapeutics offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Nitrase Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer.