Nitrase Therapeutics, Inc., is a preclinical stage platform company developing disease modifying therapeutics against a novel class of enzymes to treat age-related disorders such as neurological, oncology and inflammatory diseases.
We are seeking inquisitive individuals who can thrive in a collaborative and dynamic culture and are steadfast in the commitment to advance cutting-edge science to make transformative medicines for patients with unmet medical needs.
As part of Nitrase Therapeutics’ growth and drive toward the clinic, we are seeking to recruit a talented individual to join the in vivo Biology team to support oncology drug development. The successful candidate will work with experienced team leaders to validate in vivo rodent models for different disease indications and implement these models to evaluate potential drug targets and the efficacy of therapeutics. They will be working towards the development and characterization of novel therapeutic mechanisms and targets, evaluating Nitrase-focused therapeutic strategies, new drug candidates and their mechanisms of action.
This candidate will work with team members across scientific disciplines to test specific hypotheses that will provide insights into enzyme activity and its relationship to disease pathology. Direct, hands-on experience with in vivo rodent models is required. Experience with multiple disease models is highly desirable. The level of this position will be commensurate with experience but offers tremendous growth opportunities at all levels.
- Responsible for in vivo workstreams with significant exposure to laboratory benchwork in support of drug development
- Design and implement in vivo studies to support target validation and compound testing (level of autonomy determined by experience level)
- Conduct oncology in vivo studies in accordance with institutional animal care guidelines
- Manage several experiments simultaneously utilizing technical skills such as flow cytometry, qPCR, and IV Administration, and bioluminescent/fluorescent imaging
- Perform formulation and administration of test articles for in vivo studies
- Perform in vivo experimental procedures including tissue collection and processing
- Perform in vivo pharmacology studies to evaluate immuno-oncology treatment strategies, including efficacy, PK, PD and mechanisms of action analyses
- Analyze and document all results from studies
- Colony management of multiple transgenic lines including breeding management and coordinating activities with vivarium staff
- Learn/perform standard lab techniques such as immunoassays and immunohistochemistry
- Participate in the design, development, characterization, implementation and validation of relevant oncology-related in vivo models for identifying and profiling the biologic effects of therapeutic strategies and drug candidates
- Perform ex vivo assays including immunochemical-based analysis and pharmaco-dynamic studies tailored to the strategy and target of interest
- Document, analyze, and interpret experiments in a timely manner
- Present results within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Minimum B.S./B.A. degree in relevant field (neuroscience, oncology, immunology, pharmacology, molecular biology, biochemistry) with at least 2-3 years’ industry/lab experience, or Ph.D. with no industry experience
- Experience, knowledge, or exposure to oncology is highly desired
- Knowledge of cancer biology, cell signaling and/or immunology is preferred
- Experience using rodent disease models to study oncology/immuno-oncology; experience with multiple models a plus
- Experience with xenografts and syngeneic models, in vivo assays for pharmacokinetic evaluations, flow analysis, and cell culture is preferred
- Proficient in the following in vivo procedures: handling rodents, dosing administration (IV, IP, SC, PO), dissection techniques, necropsy, blood collection through various methods
- Organize and prepare animal cohorts for experimental procedures
- Adherence to animal protocols and compliance with basic ethical and regulatory requirements for animal handling are critically important
- Experience processing tissue for immunohistochemistry/imaging is desirable
- Experience performing techniques such as PCR, Western blots, and ELISAs are welcome but not required
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and perform in new areas, and implement new techniques and instrumentation
- Possess critical problem-solving, multi-tasking, and organizational skills, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Meticulous laboratory approach, careful adherence to protocols and excellent lab notebook documentation
- Extremely well-organized with outstanding time management, analytical and computer skills
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally within a team setting
- Highly motivated, with a sense of urgency and flexibility
Nitrase Tx offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Nitrase Tx is an equal opportunity employer.