Nitrase Therapeutics, Inc. is a preclinical stage platform company developing disease modifying therapeutics against a novel class of enzymes to treat age related disorders: oncological, neurological, cardiovascular, fibrotic, and inflammatory diseases.
We are seeking inquisitive individuals who can thrive in a collaborative and dynamic culture and are steadfast in the commitment to advance cutting-edge science to make transformative medicines for patients with unmet medical needs.
As part of Nitrase Therapeutics’ growth and drive toward the clinic, we are seeking to recruit a Cell Biologist with extensive hands-on experience with oncology and/or immuno-oncology to support early discovery biology and drug discovery efforts. The successful candidate will work with team members across scientific disciplines to apply functional genomic, cell biology, and molecular biology techniques to contribute to the understanding of Nitrase’s activity in cancer biology. Experience in experimental approaches such as NGS, high dimensional flow cytometry, qPCR, single cell RNASeq, immunohistochemistry, CiteSeq, and big data analysis tools are desirable.
- Develop, execute, and analyze laboratory experiments in the areas of oncology and immuno-oncology
- Establish novel cellular assays to provide both in vitro proof-of-concept and quantitative read-outs that support preclinical development of therapeutic compounds to support translational development
- Ability to quickly acquire knowledge, develop and execute in vitro proliferation and cytotoxicity studies; experience with orthotopic and subcutaneous xenograft and syngeneic in vivo studies desired
- Close collaboration with a cross-disciplinary teams and external groups to coordinate and drive complex studies
- Clearly communicate results in written and oral formats
- Maintain notebooks and electronic files associated with each experiment
- Prepare scientific presentations and manuscripts for publication
- Develop and author SOPs and reports
- Contribute to building a culture that encourages bold ideas; embrace scientific excellence, integrity, urgency, and self-actualization
- Degree (BA/BS, MS or PhD) in Biology, Pharmacology or related scientific field
- BA/BS + 5 years of oncology and/or immuno-oncology experience; MS + 3 years of oncology and/or immuno-oncology experience; Ph.D. + 0-1 year of oncology and/or immuno-oncology experience
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry, cytotoxicity, and proliferation assays
- General knowledge of biochemical and molecular techniques
- Drug discovery experience is a plus
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an integrated player in a small team environment
- Detail-oriented; proficient in oral and written communication
- Ideal candidate will have a thorough ability to conduct high quality, creative bench level work while also understanding the big picture and how to move the program forward efficiently
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Nitrase Tx offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Nitrase Tx is an equal opportunity employer.