Pioneering Nitrase Biology
Nitrase Therapeutics (NTx) is a preclinical platform company developing disease modifying therapeutics against a novel class of enzymes to treat age related disorders: oncological, neurological, cardiovascular, fibrotic and inflammatory diseases. This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative biotech start-up committed to advancing cutting-edge science to discover transformative medicines for patients with unmet medical needs.
The Preclinical Development Department at NTx provides Pharmacology, DMPK, Toxicology, and Translational Biomarker support to inform the development of novel therapeutics of various modalities (small molecule, therapeutic antibody, etc.) and in diverse disease areas. Within the Translational team, our biomarker strategies span all stages of research and drug development from target discovery through the clinic. The Translational team aims to provide diagnostic, prognostic, predictive and pharmacodynamic support by developing and executing biomarker assays that are designed to study and elucidate the molecular pathways driving disease and to establish the mechanism of action of our novel therapeutics.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist/Scientist to join NTx’s Translational Biomarker team within the Preclinical Development Department in Brisbane, CA. The candidate will collaborate with scientists to identify novel markers and implement quantitative biomarker assays in preclinical models and clinical samples.
- Collaborate across research organization/external collaborations to ensure translational support
- Discover and evaluate candidate biomarkers
- Develop, validate, and implement quantitative biomarker assays in preclinical models and clinical samples
- Routinely perform LC/MS-based, SIMOA, MSD, and/or ELISA-based quantitative biomarker assays in various biofluid/tissue matrices
- Evaluate new technologies/platforms to support novel qualitative/quantitative biomarker assay approaches
- Analyze large data sets using bioinformatics tools; Interface with bioinformatics/biostatistics experts when needed
- Document experiments and studies in electronic lab notebook; produce reports/summaries for project teams
- Communicate findings to collaborators and manager
- Perform other essential duties as required
- Ph.D. degree in Analytical Chemistry, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Oncology, Neuroscience, or equivalent with at least 0-2 years (AS), 4+ years (S) of relevant experience; a BS/MS degree with at least 7+ years (SRA) or 12+ years (AS) of relevant experience
- Prior experience in independently developing, validating, and executing quantitative biomarker assays for preclinical and clinical biomatrices is required
- Familiarity with a broad spectrum of laboratory techniques, such as cell culture, SIMOA, MSD, ELISA, qPCR, cytokine profiling, LC/MS, ‘omics, flow cytometry, NGS, and human whole blood assays
- Knowledge of PK/PD, and IVD development is preferred
- Ability to interpret results and clearly communicate observations in both written and verbal formats
- Willingness to adopt a hands-on approach to deliver in a start-up biotech environment by planning, executing, and troubleshooting experiments independently
- Prior experience collaborating with biologists and record of accomplishment in cross functional team settings; strong collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Prior experience in successfully implementing, utilizing and leveraging outsourcing strategies is also preferred
The expected salary range for this position based on the primary location of California is $100K – $150K. Actual pay will be determined based on experience, qualifications, geographic location, and other job-related factors permitted by law. A discretionary annual bonus may be available based on individual and Company performance. This position qualifies for company benefits.
Nitrase Therapeutics offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Nitrase Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer.