Pioneering Nitrase Biology
Nitrase Therapeutics, Inc., is a preclinical stage platform company developing disease modifying therapeutics against a novel class of enzymes to treat age-related disorders such as neurological, oncology and inflammatory diseases.
We are seeking inquisitive individuals who can thrive in a collaborative and dynamic culture and are steadfast in the commitment to advance cutting-edge science to make transformative medicines for patients with unmet medical needs.
As part of Nitrase Therapeutics’ growth and drive toward the clinic, we are seeking to recruit a SRA/RA, dependent on experience, to conduct assay development and biophysical studies to characterize protein-drug interactions.
- Develop biochemical assays/hit validation methods and optimize workflows.
- Evaluate small molecules binding interactions and pursue mode of action studies in multiple and orthogonal in vitro biochemical assay formats (enzymatic binding, such as thermal shift assay (TSA), fluorescence polarization (FP), SPR, Octet, etc.).
- Collaborate with chemistry and biology teams and establish SAR to rapidly drive the hit finding, hit-to-lead, and lead optimization process.
- Analyze and interpret data with rigor and independence.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field and help implement novel technologies for enhanced workflows and/or improved data quality.
- Degree (BA, BS, MS) in Biology, Biophysics, Bioengineering, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, or related scientific field. Job title dependent on degree and years of experience.
- Experience with biochemical/biophysical assay development utilizing a variety of readouts (TSA, FP, SPR, Octet, ELISA).
- Experience in HTS or Fragment screens; Enzymology and Laboratory automation would be advantageous.
- Some experience in basic laboratory techniques such as SDS-PAGE, western blotting. Mass-Spec would be helpful.
- Flexibility to work in a team environment with evolving priorities and timelines.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an integrated player in a small team environment.
- Detail-oriented; excellent in oral and written communication.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Salary Range, dependent on experience: $75K – $120K
Nitrase Therapeutics offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Nitrase Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer.