Pioneering Nitrase Biology
Nitrase Therapeutics, Inc., is a preclinical stage platform company developing disease modifying therapeutics against a novel class of enzymes to treat age related disorders: Oncological, neurological, cardiovascular, fibrotic. and inflammatory diseases.
We are seeking inquisitive individuals who can thrive in a collaborative and dynamic culture and are steadfast in the commitment to advance cutting-edge science to make transformative medicines for patients with unmet medical needs.
As part of Nitrase Therapeutics’ growth and drive toward the clinic, we are seeking to recruit a Staff/Senior/Principal Scientist, Protein Biology to our Brisbane, CA site with extensive hands-on experience in protein expression, purification and conjugation to support early discovery biology and drug discovery efforts. The successful candidate will work with team members across scientific disciplines to apply functional proteomic and biochemical techniques to contribute to the understanding of nitrase activity in disease biology. Experience in experimental approaches such as protein expression and purification using various chromatographic strategies, biophysical analysis, protein conjugation/modification and functional characterization, and big data analysis tools are desirable.
- Develop, execute, and analyze laboratory experiments in the areas of protein production and functional characterization
- Oversee overall protein production of internal and external resources to provide both in vitro proof-of-concept and quantitative support for preclinical development of therapeutic compounds
- Ability to quickly acquire knowledge, develop and troubleshoot protein expression studies to support therapeutic discovery programs
- Close collaboration with cross-disciplinary teams and external groups to coordinate and drive complex studies
- Clearly communicate results in written and oral formats
- Maintain notebooks and electronic files associated with each experiment
- Prepare scientific presentations and manuscripts for publication
- Develop and author SOPs and reports
- Contribute to building a culture that encourages bold ideas, embraces scientific excellence, integrity, urgency and self-actualization
- Degree (BA/BS, MS or Ph.D.) in Biology, Biochemistry or related scientific field
- Minimum of MS + 7 years; Ph.D. + 5 years of protein expression, purification, modification and characterization experience
- Position title is commensurate with experience
- Experience with multiple protein expression systems
- Experience with multiple liquid chromatography approaches for protein purification, biophysical and bioanalytical strategies
- Expert knowledge of biochemical and molecular techniques
- Proven ability to perform laboratory work and manage CROs
- Industry drug discovery experience is a plus
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an integrated player in a small team environment
- Detail-oriented; proficient in oral and written communication
- Ideal candidate will have a thorough ability to conduct high quality, creative bench level work while also understanding the big picture and how to move research forward efficiently
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications
Salary Range, dependent on experience: $150,000K – $195,000K
Nitrase Therapeutics offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Nitrase Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer.