We are a preclinical stage platform company developing disease modifying therapeutics against a novel class of enzymes to treat age-related disorders: oncological, neurological, fibrotic and inflammatory diseases.
We are seeking inquisitive individuals who can thrive in a collaborative and dynamic culture and are steadfast in the commitment to advance cutting-edge science to make transformative medicines for patients with unmet medical needs.
As part of Nitrase Therapeutics’ growth and drive toward the clinic, we are seeking to recruit a Research Associate/SRA, dependent on experience, with assay development and medium throughput compound screening experience. The successful candidate will run assays for target profiling and compound screening including medium throughput cell, enzymatic, binding (TSA, FP, SPR, Octet) readouts of compounds binding to targets while using equipment suitable for low-to-medium throughput automated robotics. This will include data analysis and quality control experience in utilizing our novel bioassays to solve challenging biology problems. Depending on experience, candidate may also help with assay development in designing, validating and implementing them into a process driven approach for routine screening of small molecules in SAR-driven compound development program(s).
- Implement and apply appropriate assays (up to 384-well format) using automation for multiple molecule inhibitor screening campaigns
- Run biophysical, biochemical and cellular compound screening assays independently and with team members
- Formulate and deliver screening workflows that ensure rapid and accurate turnaround of data, to agreed timelines, to drive achievement of key project goals
- Perform comprehensive data analysis using specialized software to process HTS and concentration-response data
- Translate experimental data into biologically meaningful information, based on excellent data analysis skills
- Incorporate compound management strategies into screening process
- Degree (BA, BS or MS) in Biology, Bioengineering, Biotechnology, Biology, or related scientific field
- 2+ years’ experience with medium throughput compound screening using; cell, enzymatic, biophysical (TSA, FP, TR-FRET, SPR, Octet) or other readouts of compounds binding to targets
- Use equipment suitable for low-to-medium throughput automated robotics
- Assay validation, compound and data management and quality control
- Experience in developing and authoring SOPs and reports
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an integrated player in a small team environment
- Detail-oriented; excellent in oral and written communication
- Expertise and skill in acquiring and implementing new technologies and methods for novel assays and to increase throughput and accuracy is a plus
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications
Nitrase Tx offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Nitrase Tx is an equal opportunity employer.