You will be responsible for managing scientific laboratory operations for Oncology Research and Development. You will be responsible for improving colleagues’ productivity, satisfaction, and operational efficiency via implementing best laboratory practices with a focus on process and continuous improvement. You will also develop and execute comprehensive space planning, technology centers, service contract strategies, equipment repairs and maintenance, and budgets to ensure efficient and effective lab operations.
- Lead both short- and long-term strategic planning for office and lab spaces, lab and office digital infrastructure and data accessibility.
- Develop a comprehensive lab contract service strategy and agreements in collaboration with Global Workplace Solutions (GWS), scientific department representatives, system owners, and lab technicians
- Manage budget of service contracts, repairs and maintenance, with an eye toward both budget efficiency and minimal equipment disruption.
- Assist in developing and implementing best laboratory operations plan focusing on maintenance, effective planning and scheduling, and asset life-cycle management.
- Develop and report key metrics, communicate overall program status.
- Initiate, establish common shared equipment areas (mini technology centers), maintain instrument calendar. Partners with key stakeholders to provide proposal to continuously improve these mini technology centers to support the Oncology portfolio. Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) as appropriate.
- Collaborate with GWS, Finance to ensure yearly asset inventory is completed and database is accurate
- Partner with Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) to ensure robust EHS procedure and policy are in place to support and maintain a safe working environment for our colleagues.
- Develop, maintain, and grow expertise in Ariba and procurement best practices to serve as SME for our scientists.
- Monitor and triage queries arise from the Resolution Center
- Collaborate with leaders, scientists, and lab technicians to understand workflow bottlenecks, inefficiencies then develop proposal to address
- Bachelors degree in Chemistry, Biology or similar discipline
- Minimum 3 years of related operations experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical laboratory
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, problem solving, and organization skills
- Strong working knowledge of/familiarity with a variety of lab equipment and processes