Port Therapeutics, Inc. is a stealth venture-backed biotechnology company launched by co-founders Gabe Kwong (Georgia Tech), Mikhail Shapiro (Caltech, HHMI) and Sangeeta Bhatia (MIT, HHMI). Port Therapeutics was founded with the vision to merge breakthrough advances in synthetic biology, cell engineering, and radiation oncology to enable safer, more precise and potent therapies. The company’s platform technology will allow physicians to deliver the right therapy, at the right place, at the right time to meaningfully improve the outcome of patients with serious diseases such as cancer.
We are currently seeking an exceptional individual to join our growing Cell Therapy team as a Research Associate in the Greater Los Angeles Area, CA. The candidate will be a motivated researcher with strong desire to contribute to the design, execution and interpretation of results of various in vitro and in vivo assays as it relates to mammalian cell therapy for cancer. The individual may work on multiple programs in parallel at various stages of development.
The successful candidate will thrive on teamwork and collaboration. They will embrace a fast-paced environment, pursue scientific rigor, and set and achieve goals. They will be eager to learn new areas outside of their knowledge and approach problem-solving with grit.
This role is a unique opportunity to join an early-stage, well-funded startup. This is an on-site laboratory position at our facilities located in Los Angeles, CA.
Essential Duties include (but are not limited to):
● Perform culture, characterization, and manipulation of human cells.
● Produce, characterize and titer viruses for human cell transduction and engineering.
● Analyze cell products by multi-color flow cytometry and in vitro assays.
● Support preclinical studies in small rodent models.
● Document the design, methodology, and results of experiments in electronic lab notebooks.
● Participate in regular internal project meetings with team members.
● Support lab management tasks including maintaining supplies, reagents, and cells.
● Unpack supplies and transport them to the appropriate storage location in the lab
Required Qualifications & Experience:
● B.S. or M.S. Degree in a life science discipline (Biology, Bioengineering, Immunology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, etc.) with two or more years of laboratory experience.
● Experience with mammalian cell culture and sterile technique required.
● Experience with cell and molecular biology techniques including cell assays, cell isolation, and cell sorting required.
● Experience weighing compounds, making solutions, and sterilization required.
● Proficiency in small animal techniques such as injections, tissue isolation and necropsy a plus.
● Excellent organizational, communication, time-management, and collaboration skills are required.
● Job title will be commensurate with experience.
● Light to medium physical effort/lifting, up to 20 pounds
The employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and, if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship. The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter (.pdf format) to email@example.com
Port Therapeutics requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof thereof, or receive an approved medical or religious exemption.
Port Therapeutics is based in California with its R&D laboratory in Los Angeles. Port is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.