Poseida Therapeutics s seeking a talented and self-motivated scientist/senior scientist to join our Gene Therapy team. This position offers an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual to develop new gene editing and gene therapy products in an exciting and dynamic environment focused on cutting-edge gene editing technology directed toward discovery and characterization of novel in vivo gene therapies.
These may include but are not limited to:
· Use our proprietary gene therapy platform technologies to create new human therapeutic candidates directed at the liver
· Evaluate diverse approaches to optimize gene editing and gene transfer into primary hepatocytes and in vivo, including preclinical animal models of disease
· Analyze data and report to multidisciplinary groups
· Attend scientific meetings, evaluate research findings and present results
· Keep current on trends, new products and technologies in the gene therapy and gene editing fields
· May manage 1-2 Research Technicians or Research Associates
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· PhD or equivalent in molecular biology, cell biology, pharmacology, toxicology, immunology or other relevant field with a minimum of 2 years’ of experience at Scientist level or minimum of 5 years’ experience at Senior Scientist level (a combination of education and experience may be considered).
· Established publication record and deep understanding of their field.
· Expertise with in vitro cell based assays and/or in vivo murine models is highly desirable.
· Prior experience in primary cell isolation and culture of human and murine hepatocytes is desirable.
· Extensive experience is preferred within at least one of the following fields: AAV vector construction & manufacture, cell product development, gene editing, integration site analysis, in vivo gene delivery.
· Experience with various endpoint assays (qPCR and/or ddPCR, immune-staining (IHC/IFC), immunoassays and Western blot) is preferred.
· Well principled in pharmacokinetic and toxicological study in the contexts of drug development.
· Ability to document, organize, communicate and present complex data sets to key stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
· Capability to multi-task, be independent, self-motivated, as well as work in a highly collaborative setting.
· Excellent oral and communication skills.
· Exceptional critical thinking with analytic skills and trouble-shooting ability.
Apply at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/431197/Poseida-Therapeutics-Inc/Research-ScientistSenior-Research-Scientist-Liver–targeted-Gene-Therapy