We are seeking an experienced and motivated Associate to join the late-stage Process Development team at Poseida Therapeutics. The focus of this position is to support the introduction of new technologies into Poseida’s processes and play a key role in the ongoing development of next generation manufacturing processes for future novel gene-modified cell-based therapeutic products. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of innovation, knowledge in process and analytical development, and is excited to take on new challenges in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Additionally, (s)he will be involved in tech transfer for GMP manufacturing and may assist in the drafting of SOPs and production batch records.
These may include but are not limited to:
· Execute process development studies independently and assist with experiment design under supervision
· Assist in evaluating alternative technologies and systems to create robust, reproducible, and scalable next generation manufacturing processes
· Collect and analyze data from experimental studies and present in concise manner
· Troubleshoot cell processing equipment independently
· Perform assays/product testing via SOP for in process testing, as needed
· Document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail in laboratory notebooks
· Assist in the development of standard operating procedures, and technical documentation
· Schedule lab equipment and perform routine maintenance
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· BS in Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, or other biological science major with at least 5 plus years of relevant experience (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered) in bioprocessing or biological sciences with a primary focus on the development, manufacture, distribution and delivery of cell-based or biologic therapy products
· Demonstrated excellent aseptic technique and cell culture proficiency
· Experience with cell separation, cell processing, cell culture, expansion, and manipulation of T cells.
· Basic understanding of cell biology with cellular immunology techniques, such as flow cytometry and in vitro T cell functional assays (cytotoxicity, ELISA, proliferation, Luminex)
· Excellent communication skills, data presentation and interpersonal skills
· Basic computer skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and word processing
· Attention to detail, initiative, and strong organizational skills
· Experience with drafting SOP and batch record writing is a plus.
· Manufacturing/cGMP experience is a plus
· Must be physically capable of lifting 50 pounds
Apply today at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/439418/Poseida-Therapeutics-Inc/Senior-Process-Development-Associate