Poseida is seeking an outstanding candidate to join our Genetic Engineering team. The Gene Delivery Scientist will play a key role in developing our platform technologies (piggyBac transposon and Cas-CLOVER nuclease) in partnerships with Gene Therapy and Immuno-oncology research groups.
These may include but are not limited to:
· Expand our proprietary gene delivery platform to develop new tools and/or applications for specialized and enhanced implementation in gene therapy and CAR-T therapeutics, to support critical pre-clinical programs.
· Apply your strong background in molecular biology, enzymology, transposon, and gene delivery technology to develop new gene delivery tools in cell culture models for use in ex vivo and in vivo therapies.
· Work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional team environment to perform experiments in the lab, analyze results, and communicate findings in team meetings
· Keep current on trends, new products and technologies in gene editing and gene delivery.
· May manage 1 Research Technician or Research Associate
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· PhD in molecular biology, cell biology, or related field with 5 plus years of hands-on experience with gene delivery technologies and/or site-specific nucleases and knock-ins (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
· Prior experience with in vitro gene delivery platforms and mammalian cell culture is required. Experience with non-viral gene delivery technology (such as transposon platforms) is preferred, although not required.
· Demonstrated expertise in culture and genetic manipulation of primary cells/organoids or immortalized cell lines
· Previous experience with functional assays used for measuring success of gene delivery and/or genomic integration (e.g. via reporter assays, cellular phenotypes, or next-generation sequencing).
· Experience studying gene regulation and expression is preferred.
· Intimate knowledge or direct experience with computational/bioinformatics tools used for NGS analysis and proficiency with computer languages (such as R, Python, or MatLab) is a plus, but not required.
· Intimate knowledge or direct experience using directed evolution strategies in either eukaryotic or prokaryotic contexts is a plus, although not required.
· Proficiency with multi-parameter flow cytometry, cell sorting, and FACS analysis software is a plus.
· Prior experience with plasmid (viral or non-viral) library preparation and amplification is a plus.
· Previous experience with gene therapy and culture and manipulation of hHSCs, hPSCs, or T cells is a plus.
· Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
Apply at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/339589/Poseida-Therapeutics-Inc/Senior-Scientist-Gene-Delivery